Thirty-Eight

"Codey what are you doing here?" I asked, looking from Codey to Kim, who didn't show a facial expression that was as shocked as mine was.

"To see you?" He replied, but obviously unsure about what his response should be.

"Codey I can't talk to you." I said and started for the hotel door.

"Marie wait." Codey said and took a hold on my wrist.

"Stop!" I said and grabbed the doorknob.

"Codey let go." Kim demanded at the man with her teeth clenched.

I glared at Codey once he let my hand go, and proceeded back inside the hotel, and hurried up the stairs as fast as I could.

~

"I saw Codey." I said as I sat down on the bed beside Georgie, who's attention was taken away from his sports magazine as soon as I spoke to him.

"Where?" Georgie asked in reply, and bent the page of the magazine, setting it down on the bedside table.

"Outside the hotel." I said as I rested my head on the pillow, and ran my fingers along the material of the bedsheets.

"Nothing happened right?" Georgie asked and cocked an eyebrow.

"No nothing, other then him grabbing my wrist when I tried to go back in."

"I'm gonna-"

"Georgie don't do anything stupid it wasn't that big of a deal."

"Maybe not to you."

"I'm sorry." I sighed. I know how sensitive Georgie can be when it comes to any encounters I have with Codey Haynes. He was like that when we were teenagers as well.

"It's okay. Just stay away from him the best you can in the future. Anyways, we should probably get packing soon."

"Right." I smiled and observed my suitcase, which I threw all my items in for Texas.

Texas man.