Ninteen

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I figured bringing up our wedding plans would be a bad idea, but that was the only topic I could think of, so I remained silent. I wish my stupid ex hadn't tried to contact me in the first place. It always seems that it's exes that will ruin what I have going with Georgie. Like Codey Haynes back in 1989. If he didn't ever call me or come back to Galveston, then my relationship with Georgie would have been fine.

I tried to think of an explanation for this, but I figured it was just some sort of evil coincidence that haunted my love life.

"Georgie lets talk about this." I said quietly in protest.

"What's there to talk about? It's all solved everything is fine." Georgie replied with a shrug as he walked over to me. I could sense jealousy though. Stupid exes. I could feel myself get paranoid at the thought of my engagement ending. I figured it was only paranoia, but the truth was I didn't actually know what to feel.

"But the text from my ex. I didn't mean anything!" I cried.

"I know." Georgie reassured me in a quiet voice that managed to calm me down a small amount. Georgie put a hand on my shoulder as he passed me to get to the hotel's kitchen, I assumed that he was going to look for cookies that I had brought from Portland or something like that. I laughed to myself a little bit.

"What are you looking for?" I asked as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Cookies." He replied and laughed.