Teaser

Little Love Postcards

Part two

____________

T E A S E R

The clock was ticking. I could see everybody wanting to break free. I could feel the slaughter of thinking inside of every brain.

Slowly my pen was put down.

One more minute will lead me home after a devastating year of college. It was amazing actually. I never thought I'd be able to do it. Who would've guessed that I was able to pack my bags and say goodbye.

What hurt me the most was his face.

Somedays I'd seem him on everybody. Not just his smell, or the his smile, but his personality.

I glanced down to my hand, wondering what would've been if that diamond was around my finger.

I've tried to move on. It never worked because nobody could compare.

I had a fail of a relationship with a personal fitness trainer. He was extremely handsome, but sometimes I had to pop his bubble of an ego.

Then there was the rebel. He never listened in class and always had to drag me to parties. I'm not that type of person.

So basically, I'm not going to try be in a relationship soon because every time I do I feel guilty. I should be thinking about the guy I'm with, not Zac.

I glanced down at my watch and groaned. We were five minutes overtime already.

Ally was sitting on the opposite side of the hall. She gave me a thumbs up. I knew it wasn't just for the test. We booked two flights to our hometown for tomorrow, but tonight the varsity kids were going to celebrate. May I add: with booze.

I shook my head at her as the professor spoke. "Your time is up! Enjoy the break!" He threw his hands in the air. I swear he really wanted to get rid of us. He wasn't so stuck up as the rest. He was rather arty and funny.

I gave my test in and walked towards Ally, whom was shrieking with excitement.

"You are getting drunk tonight." Her face was very serious which made me laugh. "No! I'm not even gonna be tipsy,"

"Why are you always so serious!" She threw her hands up in defeat. "I have never met such a boring person in my life."

I pushed her slightly on the arm. I don't want to get drunk and I don't want somebody's hands down my pants. I'm going to see my family tomorrow. And he is going to be there.

I don't want them to think New York is a bad influence on me.

"Where is this party held exactly?" I asked her as we stepped outside.

"It's held at Ravenous Club downtown. It's the so called best amateur club in the world," she smiled as we walked our usually path after class.

"How come? Do they have a celebrity dj or what?" I don't see how this club is any different.

"No. The club is hidden. Nobody knows where it is. It also moves around and it happens to be here." After walking around the busy corner we opened the door to the usual coffee shop. The employees already knew the drill once we entered.

I watched as Ally came to the counter I was sitting at with our usual order.

"How do you know where it is then? Are we going to be looking for something we could never find?"

She shook her head after I muttered a thank you for the steaming liquid in front of me. "They give a riddle to each requested entrance,"

A smile crossed her face. "What's the riddle?" I asked.

She took a paper out of her pocket and read ,"Throughout the busy streets and city lights, there is one storeroom behind a black name and a red triangle. Can you guess the answer?"

I looked shocked for a second." So it's in the middle of the city."

"Yes, and the storeroom belongs to a black name or logo inside a triangle." I stirred my coffee as I listened to her.

"Can you guess the answer?" She asked me. "Nobody could figure it out at college, so right now it's a no go."

I looked down at my denim skinny jeans. On the button the store name is in a triangle.

"Wait a second.. guess the answer!" I gasped as I realized. "It's at a GUESS store!"

Her eyes went wide at how easy the riddle had been." I can't believe nobody snapped it,"

I laughed at her answer. It was kinda silly that nobody at least thought about it.

"I have to tell Luke about our discovery, so get your dancing boots on!" She winked at me and dialed a number before walking out of the busy shop.

Tonight should be fun. I'm more excited about tomorrow though. Mom might be there as well as she is going to fly back from Columbia to see me.

I always wonder what he is doing. He might be in a university as well. He might have a job, or maybe his dad let him take over the accounting business he owned.

But mostly, I want to see him again. I want to drag my hand through his blonde hair. I want to be the reason behind his gorgeous smile.

"Luke says well done chap," Ally came back, mimicking Luke's cute expression. He was part of us. Almost like the brother I never had.

"So finals are over. We are officially on break. We did our ritual of going to drink coffee, so lets go and get ready!" Ally smacked me on the back in excitement and walked with me to the outside.

Our apartment was very close to everything. It was central to the shops, cafés and the university, which meant we walked home.

Just as we reached the black painted front door, the mailman arrived and slid the postbox open.

"I'm going to go inside so long. Please can you get the mail?" Ally asked and I groaned in defeat.

I galloped down the little stoned pathway which led to the red box. I managed to gently slid the box lever, retrieving newly posted mail. In the postbox were a pile of mail ranging from the municipality to my very concerned grandma from Columbia, probably asking me why mom had left her. Amnesia was awful.

But one caught my attention immediately. My name was written on it and a heart shape followed after. It felt like déjà vu.

I carefully caressed the mail as something delicate inside could be felt. It had been stamped with a print of my favorite flowers on the front corner of the envelope.

As I tore the envelope open, there was a postcard. I held my breath as a little velvety box slipped out of the paper packet and landed next to my feet.

I picked it up and knew exactly what was inside. But I still needed to see for myself.

I flipped the box open.

There it was.

Something so small and delicate which gave me nightmares almost every night.

I dreaded rejecting him.

The diamond glistened in the sun. It was so beautiful, even though a bad memory invaded my mind.

I couldn't help but wonder if he sent this to tell me he was over me.

Or to tell me that we could try again.