Chapter twenty-five

Little Love Letters

_____________

Chapter twenty-five

He held my hand tightly,afraid to let go. He treated me like the most delicate thing on earth, like I were to break under his touch.

The wind whipped my hair out of my face. The sun slightly brushed my cheeks. The moment was so bittersweet.

I put my arm over my mom and held her close. She leant forward and placed flowers on top of his tombstone.

"Can I please have a moment alone?" I asked. Zac nodded and led my mom to the car.

I kneeled down to the ground. I had to get this behind me. I've had this weight placed on my shoulders, and the guilt always kept building.

"Dad,"

I was breathless. I had never told anybody. Too afraid to let go or to try. I was scared they wouldn't believe me.

"I forgive you."

I had a messed up life, and it felt as if it built up from what he did.

"All those times you.."

A tear slipped from my cheek. I had never visited his grave since.

"..You abused me, I forgive you."

My voice was slowly shrinking from the cold and the tears, but all those memories flashed back. All the times he tried to unclothe me. All the times he would smack me if I resisted.

"I tried to hang in there. I wanted to tell but I would hurt mom. She went through so much pain already, and I couldn't do that to you."

I wiped my cheeks with my sweater and composed myself.

"The day you got diagnosed with cancer, I was the happiest person on earth. Not because I wanted you dead. I wanted you to suffer and feel the pain, but after a while I started realizing that it was stupid and selfish to think that way,"

"That's why all those years I decided to stand by your side and fight with you."

I had now buried my face in my cold hands. My hair fell around my head, shielding me from the cold.

I whimpered as I cried. I despised him coming back home. He would come to my room late at night.

I stood up and wiped my knees, getting rid of all the dirt.

I felt somebody grab my wrist. Zac turned me so I faced him.

"It's okay boo," he kissed the tears rolling down from my eyes.

"I'm here for you,"

As I looked into his blue eyes, reassuring me that he would never leave, I took his hands.

"I love you Zac Kenny," He smiled at my words and wrapped his arms safely around me.

"I love you more Elle parker,"

He pulled me closer to him and moved to my lips. The kiss was magical, sending jitters into the rest of my body.

I had to keep all strength in my legs in order for them not to cave in. My knees started to shake as I grasped onto him.

I moved my hands into his hair, tangling them at the bottom by his neck.

A hooting sound emerged from my righthand side, and I couldn't help but smile.

My mom was so impatient.

"Coming," I yelled at her as we broke the embrace. He entwined our fingers and led me to the car.