Chapter eleven

Recap:
Elle is in Paris with Zac for an accounting trip. She bumped into Tobias when she went sight-seeing and he broke her camera. Later that night she went on a date with "Zac."

He turned around, and because of the night sky I couldn't make out his beautiful face structures. They seemed... different.

"One thing you'll learn, my dearest Elle, is that Zachary puts his work first."

A face came to view and it was different. In fact, I had seen it that exact same day. "I- I don't understand. I thought Zac was behind this." I frowned at the man in front of me.

"So you thought. His priorities aren't right, Elle. I'm here to show you that... And I kinda still have to pay for your camera."

"Tobias?" I asked shocked, still processing what was happening in front of me.

"Elle, do you remember?" he said as a breeze whipped past us, "Do you remember me?"

I looked at him confused, "Of course, I met you about ten hours ago."

He took a step closer and leaned on the railing of The Eiffel. "You're stupider than I thought." He chuckled, but I was unamused.

"What do you mean? Do I actually know you?" It came to my attention that there was a familiarity that radiated from him, but nothing came to mind.

"Why do you think I hate Zachary so much?" He asked but I shook my head. "You think of him as competition." At my reply, he just laughed.

"No. Keep guessing." Tobias gestured with his hands.

"I-I," I was interrupted by the sound of thunder, right on cue. "Sir." The man that lead me in came to view. "The limo is waiting at the entrance to escort you to the hotel." The man said while his mustache moved up and down.

I tried not to giggle. It looked like a worm.

Tobias held out his hand to me, but I was unsure to take it. Where would he take me? He could drug me for all I know.

But then again I think about Zac and the many times he has pushed me around and left me on my own. I want to be more independent and show him that if he doesn't pull up his socks, he might just lose me.

"Alright Tobias." I said as he lead me to the elevator. "How did you rent this place anyways? It must've cost you a few." I asked as the rain started to drizzle. Wind whipped my hair out of place as we stepped outside.

"I studied a few majors at University, and lets just say they showed me how to rob a bank account, including ones like Zac's," I laughed at his sarcasm as we climbed into the limo.

During the ride I felt my phone vibrate in my purse non stop. As I peaked inside, Zac's name flashed across the front and I groaned. "Are you alright?" Tobias asked. I nodded at him politely and suddenly the limo came to a stop. The doors were opened by men in fancy suits and there was a red carpet in front of the hotel.

I looked at Tobias skeptically, "If you didn't have money to pay for The Eiffel, then how come you stay the same hotel Marlin Monroe visited?" He chuckled while taking my arm as cameras flashed. "Who says I didn't rob Zac's bank account twice?" I laughed yet again, and before I knew it we were enveloped by the penthouse on the top floor.

"Oh my! They give free chocolates!" I exclaimed as I laid my purse down and took a sugary sweet. "You should taste the free champagne." He smiled at me, and then I thought of my father. He smiled to me the exact same way whenever I was excited. His memories seem to escape my mind as the seconds go on. I can't even remember the color of his eyes.