Chapter nineteen

Little Love Letters

_____________

Chapter nineteen

Phone: A piece of electronic equipment that is used to communicate with someone at a different location.

Well, scratch that.

Phone: A bloody device which haunts you with messages. Ranging from 'are you alright?' to sudden outbursts on how much of a whore you are.

I threw it down on my bed while ripping my hair out of my skull. If I had a dollar for how many times I've thrown my phone, I'd be richer than Slum-dog Millionaire. I've even managed to crack the screen.

Bzzzz.

I cringed at the familiar sound coming my bloody- broken-screen-phone.

"Oh, I see it still works," I chuckled and picked it up, hoping that people got over themselves and would leave me alone.

It was Ally texting me.

From AllyPanda <3: Girl, I don't care what you say, but.. 'Drum roll' ..WE ARE GOING SHOPPING FOR DRESSES!

I'll pick you up in a few!

I laughed at the name Ally saved as her username. She loved pandas. It was so cute.

To AllyPanda <3: I guess I don't have a say in this? ..Fine. I don't want to go in Jaycee's dress!

Jaycee was a girl in our grade five class, who had absolute no taste and you could describe her as my stalker. She left town and moved to Ohio, but the thing that stayed was her disgusting prom dress.

She left it at my front door. To describe it, well, if any words can describe it's ugliness.

It's brown, as in poo brown, and it reaches the ankles.

I think I just gagged.

Just on time, I heard Ally's blue Buggy pull up onto my drive way.

She even hooted twice, signaling me to come out of my wormhole.

The last few days had been tough. I mean, imagine being in the spotlight at school but for a bad reason.

I couldn't even go outside without being thrown with eggs and apples. True story.

I peeked my head out of the door to see if anybody had cameras. Just incase they tried tracking all my moves.

Nobody was in sight, so grabbing my messenger back I sprinted and jumped into the little car.

"Still haunting you, huh?" Her sweet voice distracted me from the road we were driving on.

"Like omg, how did you know," I sarcastically stated while twirling a strand of hair around my finger.

Ally was the best person on earth. They say you have a 'other half' and I was pretty sure she was mine.

I heard the faint sounds of music playing from the stereo. "Ally! It's our song!"

I remember a few years back on a sunny day. I heard someone yell a song from the school music room. It bothered me because the song was quite something, and it sounded familiar.

As I slowly opened the door, I caught sight of a blonde, swaying her body to the music. She didn't notice me until I accidentally knocked over the music stand. Typical, I know.

I had never seen such a red face in my entire life before after she noticed me. That day was legend, and even though I sound like a rooster when I sing, we bonded over music.

"Heroes!" Ally turned the stereo louder as she waved her arms in the air.

After hearing a loud tooting noise from the other direction, I laughed at her. "Keep your hands on the wheel!"

The old school rock song vibrated through our bodies as we sang every lyric. Thank goodness for auto tune. We sound worse than a bunch of dying dogs yelping.

David Bowie's song ended as another from Adam Levine came on, but much to our interest in Maroon 5, we put the volume down.

She pulled the buggy into a parking space on the roof of the mall.

"Now, let's call this Operation Fixation," Ally dragged me into the sliding doors and into a fancy dress shop.

I chuckled at her name for our mall exhibition, "Operation Fixation?"

Her blue eyes dagger into mine filled with amusement. "Why not Operation Drag Queen? It's a lot more creative,"

She pushed three dresses onto my chest angrily and stumped away to the fitting rooms.

"It rhymes, okay," she stated while pushing me into one of the curtain.

She climbed in with me as she held dresses on a hanger, probably hers. "I want all the hunks to notice my beautiful Elle, so that you could get over Zac,"

"That's just going to make it worse, right? I mean think about it. Just to get another date to be named' hashtag SLUT!'.

I slipped the zip of the dress down as I was already undressed. I looked at the dress with astonishment. Ally knew how to pick dresses, that's for sure.

She had already fitted on a peach colored slit dress, which had studs on the high collar.

Jumping with excitement, I easily fitted on a beautiful cherry red sequenced dress. It had sleeves up to the elbow, which would keep me a bit warmer. The front was square shaped, which didn't show too much cleavage. It came up to my mid thigh and certainly made my non-excitant curves show.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Ally asked as she looked me up and down and clapped her hands.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

She pointed to the dress she was wearing "No, I was talking about this dress. It's so ugly,"

I looked at her with furrowed brows. "Seriously? you have nothing to say about the one I'm wearing?"

"Oh," she hanged the dress she described as ugly and slipped another skin tight dress over her head. It was a tight black one, which managed to show of her curves.

"I love that one!" She smiled at me and gave me a pat on the arm.

"If you wear that, Zac will surely know what he is missing," she winked at me before nodding at her own reflexion.

"These two are perfecto!"