Chapter twenty-three

Little Love Letters

_____________

Chapter twenty-three

They say that if you really love someone, you would leave them if they asked. I always hated that phrase.

It would show that the person has given up. Their love for one another should not be the reason they part ways.

It's just like your favorite actress, walking down a busy street a month after her break up in a movie.

Yet the two bump into each other, ironically next to a café. They talk about how they've been and put up a sad little smile, hiding the empty pain filling them inside.

Well, that is replaced by glee as soon as one of them points to the café and asks if they could have a coffee together.

Their story begins again.

That's how I felt when I ran to the elevator, but I didn't want it to begin. I wasn't ready.

Zac caught up with me. He made it just in time before the doors closed, leaving us alone in a hospital elevator.

We didn't speak. I just watched him press all the floor numbers.

It caused the elevator to shut down. The lights switched off and was replaced by a dim light. The music stopped and only our breathing sounded.

My heart pounded as he stood in front of me. He was looking straight through me with a face of lust.

Hospital elevators were important. Somebody could be dying while a doctor tried getting to their floor.

But yet, nothing seemed more important than this moment.

I hadn't noticed Zac sliding towards me, like I was his prey. His face was outlined by the flickering light that shone above his head. Instinctively, I moved back just like in the storeroom.

I used my hands to support myself by placing them on the wall behind me

I was trapped.

"Zac, I-" My voice sounded demanding, but he interrupted me with the slightest "Shhh,"

He moved closer. Hands on my waist. He moved closer. Face to face. He moved closer. Pressing me against a mirror.

He moved closer. Lips to lips.

I tightened as he kissed me. I wanted to pull back and shove him away. My mind was screaming no, while my heart said yes. Yes.

He lifted me up, placing both my legs around his waist as his hands supported me.

When I finally gave in to him, he smiled. I felt it on my mouth.

His hands slowly lifted up the bottom of Conner's hoodie, trailing on my stomach.

It was then that both of us slowly slid down on the wall, making our way to the floor. He was hovering on top of me, kissing me sweetly.

My hands tangled themselves in his blonde hair.

He cupped my face, still not removing his lips from mine as I came into a sitting position.

Suddenly, the lights flicker on and the elevator makes a slight drop, frightening me.

Zac chuckles and helps me stand up, kissing my cheek one last time as the doors open to the ground floor.

He takes my hand in his, and I remember the soft feel of those hands around mine. "I've got you," he whispered causing goosebumps to trail on my skin.

We walked out of the elevator while firemen go inside to examine.

As I didn't expect, Ally was already leaning on her car door.

We both made our way towards her.

She had an amused smile on her face when her eyes trailed down to out entwined hands.

Zac stopped before letting me go to her. I faced him as his hands pulled me closer.

"I love you,"

"What?" he asked. The slightest flicker of happiness made it to his eyes.

I can't believe I said that.

"I-I lov-"

Before I could finish, he pressed his mouth to mine, savoring the moment.

It was a sweet kiss, one which we hadn't shared before. Before I knew it, he pulled away.

"I love you more, Elle Parker," he turned and walked, not having me fight back into saying I love him most.

I just smiled and climbed into Ally's car. She didn't start it though.

"Ally?" I asked as she looked down.

"You knew what Zac was planning, didn't you?"

She nodded ecstatically, but something didn't feel right. She was sad.

She started the car and drove from the hospital. I knew better than to talk to her when she acted this way.

I'd let her talk to me when she felt ready.

"Thank you," I said to her while leaning on her shoulder for a side hug.

"I really appreciate everything you've done for me, Ally."

A sad smile spread across her lips," Don't mention it,"

"Someday you could maybe return the favor, you know?" She turned into the street I lived in. I nodded and squeezed her arm before letting go.

After driving down the road in silence,she pulled into my driveway and stopped the car. I unbuckled my safety belt and climbed out of the car.

Before I could do anything else, she jumped out of the car and gave me a hug, sulking into my shoulder.

I hugged her closely and rubbed her back, afraid she might collapse in front of me.

It pained me to see her so unhappy. She would always cheer me up, and now it was my turn. I had an idea she wanted me to return the favor for her, now.

"What's wrong Ally?" I felt her tighten under my grip as she swallowed.

"I- Mom- Dad," I lead her inside by unlocking the front door. She seated herself on the couch, and I murmured her actions after making hot chocolate.

"I came home yesterday, and there were tons of boxes stacked everywhere. They said it would be good for college and my art," I didn't really understand what she was saying.

"I wanted to tell you at prom, but when Conner awoke, Zac and you fought, I didn't want to upset you any further."

"They want to move away," she played with the mug in her hand, tapping on the glass. Tears kept falling.

"Where to?" I asked, afraid it might be far. She was the only thing constant in my life.

"New York,"