Chapter five

Little Love Letters

_____________

Chapter five

"I- I uh,"

"You, what?" he asks, waiting for an explanation.

"I what? You think I'm the one who did something wrong here?" I backfire at him. He had absolutely no right to keep this from me, wether he liked that or not.

He looks down at the note and sighs, while putting the roses down on his desk.

"I'm sorry, Elle," he whispers taking my hand.

"Conner, this isn't working for me," I reply.

His world moves too fast. He has only known me for a day.

I look at the hurt inside of his eyes. The painful agony. I felt really terrible for doing this to him.

But get over it. You've only known him for a day doofus.

"It's just... we barely know each other, and it feels like we are racing into it, instead of taking one step at a time."

He nods in understatement.

"I guess that I really wanted to win your heart before this other guy does," he says and that was all it took to convince me that he could be the one.

The one I cherish every moment with. The one who would take the bullet for me.

The one who wouldn't judge on my cooking.

"Let's just be friends first, okay?" I ask. I don't want to lose him, hell no I don't.

But I need to know him first. I don't want to be forced into a love.

I see a twinkle inside of his eye, I just pray I didn't give him false hope,

"Of course," he replies with a cheeky smile.

"Now, put your bag down and let's go ice skating before all the brats arrive," he chuckles and I laugh, a big laugh from my stomach.

See? I didn't know he had such a humor'istic side to him. That's why I need to learn about him first.

The day sped by. I must say I had so much fun falling on my bottom countless of times,ice skating. It's almost like falling in love. If nobody catches you, you fall and hurt yourself.

But if that person grabs you before you slip, you don't get hurt.

But what if, after he catches you, he lets go again? and you fall harder?

Yes, that's considered as a heartache,love.

What if I fall too hard for Conner? He has a reputation of doing that to girls, countless of them.

Well just have faith.

That can't be too hard, right?

Conner and I started throwing each other with snowballs when it started getting dark. I must say I enjoyed it a lot. I even hit him in his wickets. He was lying on the ground clutching...it.

I sped up to him and tried helping him up, which failed. He threw his weight over me and started tickling me. He knows my soft points now.

I can't help but smile. He said the roses were for me, and that's why I'm walking to my front door with a bunch of roses.

He wanted me to be his valentine but he never asked because we were moving too fast. I told him, maybe next year.

He just said he would wait for me, and that made my whole day.