Chapter 25- Can I ever get away from crime scenes?

I clamped my hand over my mouth to block out the noise. Then I stopped screaming. The window was smashed and everything in the dining room and living room was a mess and scattered everywhere. I quickly ran and hid behind the bathroom door. The scream didn't seem to faze the person. A light flickered on.

     Cody came running down the steps. My heart finally slowed down, at least now it would be 1 against 2. Cody joined me behind the door. "Are you ok!" Cody scream whispered. "Yes, did you bring your phone?" He shook his head "Sh*t, where is the closest phone?" He sighed. "We don't have a home phone anymore." I sighed too. "My dad went down to the beach for a little, he texted me right before I heard you scream."

     The back door opened. "Cody do you-"  Brad's voice was cut off by gun shots, and glass shattering. I heard foot steps running away, and slowly fading. "Dad!" Cody yelled once he was sure the attacker was gone. no response. We ran into the kitchen. Brad was laying on his stomach on the ground. "Brad?" Cody I shook him, as Cody ran upstairs to get his phone. "I-I'm fine. Honestly." Brad rolled around and sat on his knees. "I fell to the ground to make the shooter think I got shot, so he wouldn't shoot anymore." My mouth formed an 'O'. I could hear Cody on the phone upstairs. "He's fine!" I yelled up hoping Cody would hear.

A couple minutes later I could hear the sirens. Cody came back downstairs and we all went out front.

     Brad was talking to the police and Cody and I were standing off to the side by a tree. Cody was standing behind me with his arms around me. A police officer walked over to us.

"Are you Cody and Sophia?" He asked.

"Yes Sir." Cody replied.

"Please call me Officer. Pope." We nodded out heads.

He looked at me. "Sophia, please tell me what you saw."

I gulped. "I-uh-um. I walked down stairs to get a glass of water before I went to my room, to go to sleep-"

"Where were you coming from?"

"Cody's room."

"Ok, Go on." He scribbled something down on his notepad.

"Then I screamed, because I saw everything. It didn't seem to faze the person. Then I ran behind the bathroom door since it was open. Cody came running down the steps and joined me. Then a light flickered on and Brad came in and said something and was cut off my gunshots and breaking glass. Then I heard footsteps running away."

The police officer continued to write. "Cody, tell me what you saw and heard." Officer. Pope looked up for a moment, then continued to write.

An officer walked over, and told us we could now go back into the house. They had all the evidence they needed.

     "Well, Sophia, walked out of my room, and............." I tuned it out, I watched the other police, investigators, detectives, etc. Walk in and out of the house, every so often stopped ad talked to Brad, or to each other. I could feel my eyelids becoming heavy. "I'm sorry to interrupt you," I stepped away from Cody. "But, I'm going to go to sleep. Thank you Officer Pope, Goodnight Cody." I kissed Cody's cheek and walked towards the house.

      "Sophia!" I sighed. "Yes Brad?" I asked slightly irritated, and turned to face him, I was inches from the front door. "I'm sorry, And Goodnight Sweetie!" I sighed. "No need to be sorry, It was not your fault, Night!" I put on a fake smile, waved, and walked through the open front door. There were still police officers looking around. I felt awkward because the one Officer who looked about 20 was checking me out. I just laughed it off, walked up to Alli's room, changed and layed in bed, while looking for a show to watch. 1 hour passed, and no one came back into the house, and I was still awake. Then another hour went by, and another. Until I finally heard Someone walking up the steps. Right before they passed my close door I asked. "Cody?" My door opened, and Cody walked in.