Chapter 22- Very Special Day

"GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP AND GET READY FOR THE DAY!" Alli screamed as she was jumping on my bed. Alli made up with everyone and she was no longer dating Sam. "Alli I don wana gat uhhhhhp." I moaned still half asleep. I was still mad at Cody from the whole 'party incident'. "Fine, I will just eat the pancakes I made for you, then." Alli hopped off my bed and started to walk out my door. Pancakes. That got my attention. I shot up out of bed and ran past her, down the steps, into the kitchen and to the pancakes. Alli walked into the kitchen behind me. She laughed. "I knew mentioning the pancakes would get your attention." I was already stuffing my face with pancakes that I couldn't reply. I swallowed what I had in my mouth. "Thank you for making me delicious pancakes on this very special day." I hugged Alli. "Anything for you, my best friend, which happens to be the birthday girl on this 'very special day.'" She laughed. "Happy Birthday Sophia." She told me. I laughed, "Thanks."

     Alli got some pancakes and we had about a dozen pancakes each. "Ughhh, I feel so fat. And gross from eating all those pancakes." I joked. "Meeee tooooooooo." Alli agreed. "Ouu! I will be right back." Alli darted out of the kitchen, went somewhere up stairs and came back down with a tiny bow wrapped in wrapping paper. It looked like a ring box.

     "Happy Birthday!" Alli exclaimed as she handed me the box. I carefully unwrapped it and it was indeed a ring box. I looked at Alli confused. "Go on." She demanded. I opened the box, inside of it was a silver ring with the word 'Best' etched into it and tiny diamonds wrapped around the rest of the ring. I was confused until Alli took an identical ring out of her pocket expect for the fact hers had the word 'Friends' etched into it. She slipped hers onto her left ring finger and I did the same with mine. "It's beautiful Alli! Thank you so much." I hugged her again. "Your welcome, It may be kinda cheesy but, I thought it would fit our friendship. And on the inside it says 'From Alli' and mine says 'For Sophie'" She smiled. "It's perfect Alli. Nothing could be any better than this present." I gave her a hug one last time.

     We walked into the living room and watched Hangover. About half way through I realized no-one else was in the house.

"Alli?" I turned towards her

"Mhmm?" She kept her eyes glued to the screen.

"Where is everyone?" I looked around. It was about 1:30pm. Alli wouldn't let anyone sleep that late. Especially today.

"Oh," she looked up realizing everyone was gone too "my mom said she, Cody and Dad went shopping and Tom went over to Jake's for some reason.

"Oh, ok."

We went back to watching the movie. When it ended we watched Hangover: Part 2.

    After both movies it was around 5:45pm. I checked my phone. They were gone all day. And I don't even get so much as a text from Cody. What the hell is wrong with him? Now. I'm pissed. "Mom just texted me saying they are not going to get back until around 11, do you wanna go out to dinner with Jessica?" Alli asked after  looking at a text she got. I sighed, Really Cody? it's my birthday. "Sure. I love Jessica, she's so sweet." "and doesn't forget to call you on your birthday." I added under my breath. "OK." I will ask her. Alli waked out of the room and called Jessica.

    I layed down on the sofa and went through my contacts I called Cody and it went to voice mail, I called him 5 times, and the same thing happened each time. I called Angie.

Angie: Hello?

Me: Hi Angie.

Angie: OhMiGosh, is everything Ok?

Me: Yeah, every things absolutely fine.

Angie: That's good. So? What's up?