A Memory and an Arrangement

In the middel of work, I decided to help the boys outside. They would tell me what to do, and I would do it. At times it was hard, but not that much. I mostly forgot about my head ache and it stopped hurting. The same thing with my body. I was all better, well for now.

"First time helping us out here" Steve said. I shook my head.

"Second time acually" I corrected him.

"Whatever" he responded. Soda looked over at us and smiled. Wonder what he's thinking. Steve handed me a wranch.

"Hold it" he said. 

"Okay" I responded. He worked on a car, while I stood on the side. The wind blew through my hair, causing it to get in my face. I moved it away, and looked down at my hands. That was when I saw it, near my wrist, and close to my thumb. A faded 'S' marked into my skin. The memory came back of how I got it.

My frined Sonia and I were fooling around at her house. We were in her room, talking about our 15th birthday. Even though at the time it was two years away. I asked her if she thinks we'll still be best friends, and she replied with 'definately'. She even promised and so did I. But to make sure of it, she suggested to make a bff mark. I agreed to it after some time of thinking. With the shrp end of a knife, she carved an 'S' near my wrrist, where it is today. And I carved a 'C' near her thumb. It cut both our skin, and bleeded for a little while. But it left the mark.

A few months after that, she passed away. I remember seeing her on the hospital bed with a lot of tubes attached to her. I walked to her side. She was on life support, so at anytime, they were ganna pull the plug. I got a hold of her hand and held it in mine. She was my best friend, we were practically sisters. Now, I'm losin her. My tears began racing down my cheeks and tried my best to keep my breath under control. I thought about all the wonderful memories we shared. She died at the age of 11. It was sad because she was already planning her 15.

And on the day of her funneral, I cried more than ever as they lowered her tonb into the hole. I dropped a flower in the hole, and it landed perfectly on her tomb. I looked all around me, trying to digest the fact that she was really gone.

Steve snapped his fingers in front of me, which brought me back.

"Cyndy, you alright?" he asked.

"Yea" I responded. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"What?" he simply shrugged.

"Nothing" he said. He went back to the car he was working on. I still had the wrench in my hand. Suddenly, there was a honk behind me. I turned around to see a blue souped up car park near me and the guys. The door opened, and out stepped Matt. I smiled once I saw him. I walked up to him.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey, came by to see you" Matt smoothly responded.

"Aww, how sweet" I stated. He gave me a warm smile.

"Nice uniform" he complimented. I looked down at it, then back at him.

"Thanks" I replied.

"You working on the cars today?" I nodded.

"Is it hard?" it really wasn't.

"Not that much" I responded.

"You like it?" I nodded and smiled. "You know, it's pretty tuff for a girl to e working on cars" he said in a flirty way. I chuckled.

"You really think so?" He gave me an irresistible smile.

"Yeah" he replied. I started needing with my hair with one hand. I knew my cheeks were burning now. "So" he said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me after you get off work" he said. I got really excited. I cant believe what I'm hearing. Hes acualy asking me out.

"Yeah, sure" I replied, trying to keep it cool.

"Great, I'll pick you up" he said.

I smiled and said," Okay". He grabbed my hand and held it in his.

"So, I'll see you later" he said.

"okay" I replied. Then, he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek! I felt like screaming my head off. He looked at me and smiled, then released my hand, got into his car, and left. I stood there, struck about what just happened.

I turned arond, and walked back to the guys. Soda came up to me.

"Who was that?" he asked with a smile.

"A friend" I replied.

"From what I saw, he's more than just a friend" he teased. I shook my head. That was a dream that would soon become real, hoepfully after tonight.

"Anyway, after work, I'm going to the movies" I said.

"Did you tell Darry?" I shook my head.

"Can you tell him for me?" I asked.

"Sure" he responded.

"Thanks, and Matt's ganna pick me up, so ya'll can take my car, just don't crash it" I said.

"Don't worry, we won't" he promised. I was still a little worried, but tried to shake it off.

"Okay, well I'll be inside" I said, the walked into the store. I was excited about my date with Matt, I could hardly wait. Every now and then, I would look at the clock, counting the minutes left until I finish work. It was about the only thing I could think of.

Finally, the time came. I quickly ran to my car, and opened the trunk. When I left the studio a few days ago, they gave me the clothes I used. They were all in my trunk. I took the fist things I saw, and ran back inside, into the restroom. As quickly as I could, I changed my clothes. I also fixed my hair, and put on a bit of make up. When I finished, I took one look in the mirror, the headed out. Today is ganna be perfect, I hope.