My birthday

I slept in my shorts and an under shirt. It was a cold night, but I didn't really care that much. I felt somebody gently cressing my hair. My eyes slowly opened to find Sodapop starring down at me.

"Morning sleeping beauty" he greeted.

"What are you doing?" I asked sleepily. Then, all the Curtis boys came in, holding a piece of chocolete cake.

"Happy birtday Cyndy!" they yelled. I smiled.

"Thanks guys" I said.

"I hope you like chocolete" Darry said, handing me the cake.

"Are you kidding? It's my favorite flavor" I exclaimed. I took a bite.

"Who made it?" I asked.

"I did" Darry said.

"It's deliciouse" I complimented. He smiled.

"Well, we're ganna let you get ready" he said, heading towards the door.

"Okay, I'll be out in a little while" I replied. I grabbed my ipod, and conected it to my minie speakers that I brought with me when I came here. I put on my favorite song on. It blasted through the whole room. I think it could be heard all the way to the living room too. I put on pants with a tank top. I fixed up my hair, and decided to wear a bit of make up. When I finished, I walked out into the living room. The boys were talking, but stopped when they saw me.

"Hey" I greeted.

"Hey Cyndy, can you do me a favor?" Darry asked.

"Yea, anything" I replied.

"Can you go to the grocerie store and buy more milk?" he asked.

"Uh sure" I replied.

"Dally, can you go with her?" Darry asked him.

"Yea I'll go" he replied. I walked aout the door, with Dally behind me. "Let's go" he said, leading the way. I followed close behind, not saying anything. For some reason, I felt nervous around him. I was looking at the ground, thinking to myself. 

"Hey, you okay?" Dally suddenly asked. I looked up and realized that we were really close. I could feel my heart thumping through my chest. I wonder if he could hear it.

"Yea" I replied, backing up a little. He looked at me like he didn't believe me. "What is it?" I asked.

"You seem shy" he replied.

"I am not shy" I stated, using a smarty pants tone. He chuckled.

"Well c'mon then" he said, placing an arm around my shoulders. There was butterflies in my stomach. What was going on with me? Am I acually developing feelings for Dallas. Dally took out a cigerett, lit it up, and began smoking. "So, where we going?" he asked.

"The store" I replied. He didn't say anything else after that, and I found myself starring at him. His eyes were dangerouse and mischevious. I likes the way he had his hair, he didn't use that much hair oil in it. And his smile; I love his smile and his laugh. Actually, I love everything about him. I began smiling, seeing him this way. Suddenly, he turned to me, and before he did, I turned away. I hope he didn't see me looking at him. He didn't have his arm around me anymore, and we walked in an awkward silence. He was the one to brake it.

"So, what do you plan on doing today?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Nothing legal" I replied, moking his saying. He smiled.

"Your too much of a sweetie to be a bad girl" he teased, but at the same time, complimented me. I slitely elbowed him in the stomach. He grabbed my arm, and pulled me towards him. He wrapped his arms around my neck from behind, and we walked that way for a while, laughing. People that passed us, would stare, but it didn't bother me at all.