The ring

I woke up kinda late in the morning. I walked into the kitchen to find that Darry was already preparing breakfast.

"Morning" he greeted, once he saw me.

"Morning" I yawned.

"What happened on your cheek?" he asked sternly, but a little worried.

"What? Oh, Sylvia slapped me yesterday" I responded.

"What?" he asked, trying to figure out what was happening.

"Sylvia slapped me" I repeated.

"Why?" he asked.

"Something about Dall not talking to her, and she blamed me" I explained.

"Is that why you turned up at the lot?" he asked.

"Yea, I ran away" I replied. "We were all scared to death when Ponyboy told us what happened.Dally wanted to look for you all by himself, but then he agreed to let us help him. Man was he worried" he said.

"Did ya'll look for me until ya'll found me?" I wondered.

"Yea, why wouldn't we?" he asked.

"I don't know, I figured you all would of given up once it got dark" I confessed.

"If it was what Sylvia told you, don't believe it. The whole gang cares alot about you. Shoot, you're like the nicest girl we ever met" he said. I cracked a smile.

"Thanks, and I care about ya'll too" I responded. Right when I said that, Sodapop came up behind me, hugged me from behind, picked me up, and spun me around.

"For once, Dally looked as worried about you as Two-Bit did" he said, putting me down. I thought about Dally and what he told me yesterday.  It made me start blushing a bit.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yea, he wouldn't stop looking for you until we found ya" he responded, getting the chocolete milk out of the fridge. I chuckled a bit.

"You better believe that it made Two-Bit pretty jelouse" he went on.

"I bet it did" I said, walking into the living room. I plopped down on the couch, and Soda sat next to me. I'm guessing he took a shower this morning, because his hair was wet. I was watching tv, when I felt him rub my cheek with his thumb. I turned around, and his eyes met mine.

"What happened to your cheek?" he asked.

"Uh, why?" I asked.

"Because, there's a big bruse" he stated.

"Sylvia slapped me, I figured Ponyboy would of told you that already" I answered.

"Yea he did, but I didn't know she hit you this hard" he said. Ponyboy then walked into the living room, still a little sleep. "Hey" he greeted, then sat on the other couch.

"Hey Soda, catch" Darry called, poking his head into the living room. He tossed something to Soda. Even though Soda wasn't ready, he cought it. It was a bag of ice covered by a napkin.

"Here, this hsould help a little" he said, placing the bag on my cheek. I got it and held it in place.

"Better get ready Soda, it's almost time to go to work" Darry stated. All three boys went into thier room and began getting ready. I looked around the messy and empty living room. I should clean up a bit, but I need music to work. Then I remembered that I had my ipod with me. I walked into my room, where Ponyboy was, and got my shorts. Ponyboy wasn't paying attention at all, so I got my ipod and walked back into the living room. I turned it on, put my favorite song on, and began cleaning up. I didn't even notice that I was singing along.