feeling bad

The rest of the day went on normaly. We ate, talked, then slept. In the morning, I woke up a little earily. So I took a shower, and got dressed. By the time I was done, Darry was already awake. He was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"You ready for work?" I nodded. "Are you sure you can?" I nodded again.

"I feel a little better" I said.

"Okay" he replied, using an unsure voice. I was passing by the restroom, when somebody bumped into me. It was Sodapop, and he just finished taking a shower. He only had on a towel, but he accidently dropped it. I covered my eyes.

"You should really get dressed before coming out of the restroom, and have the door closed" I said. Then I hurried to my room. Ponyboy was in there.

"What happened?" I took a deep breath before answering.

"I uh... I bumped into Soda while he was walking out of the restoom" I replied.

"So?" I turned to face him. "He just stepped out of the shower, and only had on a towel, and dropped it" I said. His eyes went wide, and seemed speechless. "Yea, it wasn't very pleasant" added.

"I figured" he responded with a smile. I smiled too.

"Time for breakfast" Darry callled from the kitchen. Ponyboy and I walked out to the dining room and sat down at the table. Sodapop walked in behind Ponyboy.

"Better?" he asked. He was now fully dressed, and ready to go to work. I smiled and nodded. He sat down next to me. It was awkward for a moment, then I forgot about what happened. We ate, then walked out to my car, which was now the second family car. It kinda sucks, but whatever. I'm just ganna have to live with it. Today, I decided to drive, since I haven't driven in a long time.

"Are you sure?" Soda asked. He's been saying that maybe I shouldn't be driving because of what happened yesterday.

"Yes I'm sure, and I haven't driven in a long time" I said. He sat back and sighed.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll let you drive tommorrow" I promised. He turned to me.

"Really?" I noddded.

"I give you my word" I stated. He cracked a smile.

"Okay" he said. I smiled and kept on driving. I feel like listening to music, but I can't. Unless, I have the cord.

"Soda, do me a favor and look for a black cord in the holder thing" I said, pointing to the holder thing (don't know what it's called). He rumaged through it, and pulled out exactly what I need.

"Is this it?" He handed me the black cord.

"Yes" I replied. I plugged one end into the radio, and then looked for my ipod. It was in my purse, which I always keep in my car. I got it out, then plugged the other end of the cord, into my ipod. I played my favorite song first, Beez in the Trap. It had a lot of bad words, but that's the way I like it. I'm guessing the guys liked it too. I was singing along to it, I like it soo much that I memorized all the lyrics. It's something that barely ever happens. The guys were looked me with amazement.

"What?" Steve was the first one to talk.

"Didn't know you can cuss a good one" he said. I chuckled.

"Yea I don't really cuss" I lied. I just don't cuss in front of the guys. If my friends were here, they'd be laughing thier butts off right now.

"Well, just don't when you're around the other guys" Steve said.

"Don't worry, I won't" I said. The song ended and the next one played. We were half way there I think. I have a bunch of songs on my ipod, and I barely remember ten or so. I wasn't really foccusing on the songs, my attention was on the pain that I still feel from yesterday. I mean, the guys really hurt me bad. But I still forced myself to get up and drive. I judt hope that it won't slow me down today.

I want to keep working, so I can help Darry pay the bills. I mean, I stay in his house, I should atleast help. I don't even mind, cause I have my last paycheck from the modeling company in cash. I think I have enough to buy a new car, or so. I can think about that later, and right now I have to be foccused on the road. I guess I wasn't all that foccused because I almost passed the DX.

"Cyndy, your supposed to turn here" Soda said, bringing me back from my thoughts. Luckly I didn't miss it.

"I know" I responded. I parked the car, and got out.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked me.

"Yea, why?" He shrugged.

"You seemed kinda off somehow" he replied. I shook my head and fixed my hair in the back.

"I'm fine" I lied. He didn't say anything else after that, so we went inside the store and opened up. I took my place at the cash register. My head was still hurting from yesterday. I should of taken some asprins or something. I rested my head on my hand and closed my eyes for a moment.

"You okay?" I looked up to find Steve standing there.

"Yea why?" He shook his head.

"You're a good liar, you know that kid?" he said. I cocked an eyebrow at him. "You don't look to good kid, are you feeling alright?" I was thinking about nodding, but shook my head instead.

"I have a terrible head ache, my body is sore, I just feel bad" I stated.

"Why didn't you stay home today?" I shrugged.

"I was ganna be alone and bored" I said. He slowly patted my head.

"I bet one of the other guys would of stayed with ya" he replied. I shook my head.

"They're all probably busy, plus who would want to take care of a 16 year old girl?" I kinda had a point there.

"C'mon now, I bet Darry would of made one of the guys stay with you, either that or Dally would" he joked. I looked at him as if saying, this is no time tobe joking. "Sorry" he apologized.

"I'll be okay though" I said.

"From how you look right now, I don't think you will be" he responded. I guess he was right, but I'm not ganna stay home. I didn't want to.

"I'll be just fine, just don't tell Soda please" I said.

"Why?" Steve would ask why.

"Because, he'll make me go home, so don't tell Sodapop" I replied.

"Don't tell me what?" I turned around and saw Soda standing behind me. I panicked, and didn't know what to say.

"Uhh, nothing" I said.

"Then what did you-" he started, but I cut him off.

"Did you do something different to your hair, it looks good" I quickley said. Then I got up and went into the restroom.I left Soda dumbfounded. I looked myself in the mirror. I had a bruise on my cheek, and a cut near my chin. I did look bad, but not bad like in appearence. Bad in like sick. I splashed water in my face and walked back out. They guys were alreadyoutside, so I sat back down at the cash register. I gingerly touched the bruise on my cheek, it kinda hurts. I probably shouldn't of came to work today. But I don't want to be hone alone. I don't know why, but I just don't.