Soc. and Greasers

After the movie finished, we all began walking home. Guys with cars would honk at us when they passed us. It didn't bother me or the guys. I walked behind the guys, next to Dally. He would just look at me, and I pretended not to notice. Until I figured something was bothering him.

"What's wrong Dally?" I asked.

"Nothing" he replied, and turned away.

"I know something's up" I said.

"You just seem so different from other girls here" he explained.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"I don't know" he responded. All of a sudden, a red mustang pulled up next to us. Four guys stepped out, I could tell they were drunk. Not only because they had a bottle of liquor but they looked drunk too. They stepped up to us, I stayed behind Ponyboy.

"What'd ya want?" Two-Bit asked. They motioned to me.

"What's your name?" they asked.

"C-Cyndy" I replied.

"Why don't you come and hang out with us?" they asked. The guys turned to me.

"No, I'm good" I responded. They drunk guys laughed.

"Real funny, c'mon" one said.

"I said no" I replied in a low voice.

"Look pal, she doesn't want to go" Two-Bit blurted.

"She's going" one demanded. They charged for me, but the guys held them off. I stood there and watched Dally, Two-Bit, Johnny, and Poyboy send them running back into their car. They drove off. Two-Bit used a broken bottle, like Ponyboy. Dally used a switch blade, and so did Johnny. They didn't get hurt at all. They only had to pull out their weapons to send them running. It was tuff.

"C'mon guys, let's go" Dally said, putting away his knife. I walked next to Two-Bit, who let me wear his black leather jacket. He said he didn't want me to get sick or nothing.  

"So, when do you plan on going back home?" asked Two-Bit.

"I don't know" I replied, looking up at the sky.

"You miss your folks?" he asked.

"Not really" I replied.

"Mhmmm" he said. I noticed that Two-Bit had a mickey mouse shirt on.

"You like mickey mouse?" I asked. "Yea" he replied with a smile.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"18, dally's 17, Johnny's 16, Ponyboy's 14, Darry's 20, Sodapop's 17, and steve's 17" he replied.

"So I'm the youngest here?" I asked.

"Yup" he replied. Before long, we got back to the Curtis house. Everybody left, and Ponyboy and I were about to go inside, when the door flew open.

"There you are Pony, it's dinner time" Darry said, poking his head out the door.

"We're going" Pony whined. We went inside, where it was warmer. I sat between Sodapop and Ponyboy. We were having chicken today. I was the last to finish, as I always am. Before I went to sleep, Sodapop wanted to talk to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Ponyboy told me how you helped him from getting beat" he replied.

"Oh, yea" I responded.

"I just wanted to say, thank you for saving my kid brother" he said.

"No problem" I replied. After that, I went into Ponyboy's room and got settled into bed. I thought it was kinda weird to sleep in the same bed with him, but what can I do about it? It wasn't long before I drifted off into a deep sleep.