The guy

I opened my eyes, sat up in bed. I had to stay in bed for a week, but I didn't care. The whole gang took turns spending a whole day with me, which made me get to know them better. It was Saturday today, and I felt lazier than ever. But I still got up and headed for the kitchen. I made eggs and bacon for the whole gang, since I knew they would be here any minute. I ate then went to the living room. I sat down on the couch and began watching tv. Today was the first day, in a week, that I'm better. I looked at the clock, it was 7:00 am. Darry doesn't wake up until 8 or 9, sometimes even 10. I was getting bored just sitting here. I decided to take a quick bath. I turned on the shower, took my clothes off, and got in. It took me 20 minutes to finish. I grabbed a towl, dried my hair, then wrapped it around myself. I walked out of the restroom, and into my room. Ponyboy was fast asleep, so I quickly changed into jeans, a strapless top, and convers. I fixxed my hair, put on a bit of makeup. I took one look in the mirror, then walked out. Darry was already up.

"Morning" he said, once he saw me.

"Morning" I replied.

"Did you make breakfast?" he asked.

"Yea, it's on the table" I responded. He went to eat breakfast, while I headed to the living room. I was about to sit down on the couch, but Sodapop got me, and knocked me down. We landed on the couch, he was ontop of me. His arms were wrapped around me tightly; he looked at me.

"Hey Cyndy" he greeted.

"Hey, what was that for?" I asked.

"I'm just glad to see you well again" he responded. I cracked a smile. He got off of me, and I sat up. He left to eat breakfast.

"You going to work today Soda?" I called to him.

"Ofcoures, why? You wanna come?" he asked.

"That would be nice" I replied.

"You can help us out" he said.

"What will I do though?" I wonddered.

"You can work at the cash register" he responded.

"Okay" I said. 

Then, the door opened and Steve stepped in, along with Two-Bit.

"Hey Cyndy" Steve greeted.

"Hey guys" I responded.

"Hey Steve, do I got news for you" Sodapop called from the table. Steve went to the table, while Two-Bit and I stayed int the living room.

"Dally's not here yet?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Why?"  wondered.

"I thought he would be" he responded. The door flew open and Dally walked in.

"There he is" I said to Two-Bit.

"Soc keep driving by the house, I had to chase some away" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know" he responded. He turned to me and smiled. "Hey kid, how you feeling?" he asked, messing up my hair.

"Better" I replied.

"Let's go Cyndy" Sodapop said, walking into the living room.

"Alright" I responded.

"Where you going?" Two-Bit asked.

"I'm ganna help out at the DX today" I replied.

"Wait, you're ganna work?" Dally asked, acting surprised.

"What, you don't think I'll last?" I asked. He just smiled. I turned around and headed out the door.

When we got there, they gave me the uniform.