Ch 35

No song I'm in such a bad mood right now

-

Jackie POV

-

"I don't know, I don't really think I feel like going shopping this week, Leslie," I say as we both slowly make our way down the hall.

It's finally Friday and the last bell just rung throughout the school. Every student wasted no time in pouring out into the halls, eager to start their weekend.

"What do you mean?" She halts right next to my locker, her eyebrows furrowing, "We haven't hung in so long! You've been with Marcel, Abbie, Macy, and Tabby these last weekends. You can't make room for your best friend?"

"Exactly. I do something every weekend. Can I spend one week alone? I'm tired. I'm not even sure how good I did on that math test." I whine, twisting my lock.

She groans, "Come on. This isn't fair, I got you and Marcel back together."

I huff as I miss my second number and have to start over.

"You say it like we're dating. And anyway I appreciate that. This week I'll be in bed, sleeping, and dreaming about how to repay you," I chuckle and she rolls her eyes.

"I just thought..–" Leslie trails off and I turn around to see where she was looking. Marcel had just closed his locker and leaned against it, his eyes wide.

"Marcel!" Leslie calls and he jumps, looking around.

His eyes find Leslie and he gives off a nervous wave.

"You okay?" She asks, tilting her head.

Marcel looks at me, to Leslie, and then back at me, "Y-Yeah.. I'm fine."

"Hey," I smile softly and give him a small wave.

His face had gone pale but his eyes show a mixture of nervousness and slight excitement as he waves back. "H-Hi."

He looked as if his mind seemed to daze as he stared at me. I was about to ask him if he was okay again but Leslie cut me off.

"So do you have any weekend pla—"

He shows a small smile that lasts for a second as he looks at me, "Um.. I.. I gotta go. I'll see y-you later, Jackie? T-Tonight I mean?"

Leslie's mouth drops.

"Y-Yeah, yeah. Sure, see you later," I smile and he nervously chuckles.

"Err.. yeah. Bye," he blushes and slowly backs away. He's almost out the door when he turns around, "Oh, bye Leslie." And then smiles at me once more before turning back around, leaving the school.

"Well then." She says the second he leaves.

I smile to myself as I turn back around and begin putting in my code again.

"So he gets to hang out with you, but I don't?" She crosses her arms and I momentarily and snapped away from my daze.

"Sorry?"

"You said you'd see him tonight!" She sounds frustrated.

"Oh I.. I don't know, I guess he wants to come over? Sorry, I wasn't—I didn't pay a.." I sigh, "Fine–fine I'll cancel." I huff as I tug my locker down and pull it open.

I'm caught off guard when I find a note dropping out of my locker. Leslie looks at me curiously and I just shrug, eagerly picking it up off the ground and opening it up.