Ch 31

Wattpad is having issues where wherever there are italics, it squishes that and the next word together. I went back and spaced a whole lot so it was normal but if you find any, it's wattpad not me :)

Encouraging Song:

Fighter - Christina Aguilera (don't know if I've used this song already. Pardon me if I have.)

"It makes me that much stronger,

it makes me work a little bit harder,

it makes me that much wiser,

Thanks for making me a fighter

-

Jackie Pov

-

"What's going on Jackie?" She crosses her arms in front of me.

"What are you talking about?" I bring the blanket closer around my shoulders.

"Someone has been over here." She concludes as her heels click around me while she inspects the clean furniture.

"No, only me, only you." I clear my throat.

She hums, "And you're feeling better?"

I nod silently. I'm a horrible liar and she knows this, so I try my best to keep my eyes on the tv. But of course she then comes and turns off the tv, standing in front of it.

"Mom, really, I'm feeling better."

"Jackie that's nearly impossible."

"How? I've been staying in bed like you've told me to." I wrap the blanket tighter around my body.

"Because Jackie, sleep doesn't magically make what you had go away."

"But-"

"When I left this house two days ago, you were acting as if you were just going to die and the house was still a mess. I came home and it's spotless and you were resting peacefully."

I try not to let the shock register on my face. Marcel cleaned the house while I was asleep? I want to be happy and grateful he got my chores out of the way, but at the same time I'm frustrated. Why would he do that, knowing it would raise suspicion from my mom?

"I managed to get up after a few hours of rest, and I decided I wanted to clean up a bit for you." I tell her.

"How sweet. When I departed yesterday, you were back to dying again and throwing up constantly. I make it home hours later and you're knocked out completely with a plate full of crumbs, a few crackers, and a half-full glass of orange juice left. And what I found really odd, was that it was in one of those nice glasses we own but you never use because you can never reach them."

I now regret not cleaning up the evidence before she got home. I mean, of course me having a full meal by my bed, when I'm unable to even stand, was going to seem a little fishy.

"Well I-"

"When I left this morning, you were better but shivering so bad you'd think you slept in a freezer, and the dishes weren't done. I come home and now you're calmly just lying down on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, and the sink is empty. Who has been over here?"

He did the dishes. Marcel, oh my god why. Now there's definitely no way out, she knows I would never do the dishes on my own free time, let alone when I'm sick. I'm going to have a stern talk with him about how this keep it a secret thing works.

"No one, I just decided I wanted to make you happy and-"

"Jackie, enough with the lies."

I groan, "Why can't you just let it go? I'm better and that's all that matters. I didn't-"