Ch 18

*Ding dong*

"Mum?" I yell from my room.

"Yes?" she questions from the kitchen, I assume.

"Can you please get that? I think it may be the mailman with my Rihanna boots I ordered. I'm running a bit late and I'm not fully dressed." I tell her.

"Sure, honey." I hear the footsteps of her heels echo as she walks the long path to the front door, from the kitchen. It's a big house so it's a long walk.

I quickly pull my last strand of hair between the curling iron, twisting it. After holding it for a few seconds, I pull it away and it gives off a nice bouncy curl. I smile at my reflection.

I wrap a robe around my body, open my door, and quickly pad over to the railing over-looking downstairs, just as I hear her open the door.

"Oh! Good morning, Mrs. Leroy. How are you?" Marcel smiles wide.

Shit. He's early.

Wait no.. I'm just late.

"Oh hello Marcel! I'm great, thank you. But what did I tell you about calling me that?" She scolds.

"Right, I apologize.. Mrs. Lindasy." he nods.

"The Mrs. isn't needed either but I know you were raised like that and it makes me sound much more mature than I really am, so it'll do." she teases and he chuckles, shaking his head.

I know I really should be getting dressed instead of eavesdropping, but I couldn't help it. I was too afraid that if I left, my mom would get to telling him embarrassing things about me like she did before.

"Is your daughter in?" Marcel asks politely.

"Oh Jackie, yes, she's upstairs getting dressed, running a bit late. You don't mind, do you?" she asks him.

"Of course not. I could wait here. I mean if that's.."

"Of course it's okay, get in here!" She gently but forcefully tugs him inside, before then closing the door behind him.

"I'll be leaving in a few for work, but would you like some tea? It's fresh on the stove. We could kill a bit of time."

Oh god.

"Yes, please." he smiles, "that'd be lovely."

She leaves the room and runs off into the kitchen, "I'll prepare it, just how I know you like it."

"Thank you."

I take this as my time to quickly run back to my room and get dressed. I only thought about how my footsteps echoed whenever I got a glance of him looking up towards the railing.

"What was that?" I hear him ask, as I slip my adidas shirt over my torso, and hurriedly pull the striped shorts up my legs. I grab my ankle boots and run back towards the railing, more quietly this time. (working on picture on side)

"What was what?" she sounds from the kitchen.

I sit down in a corner to where I can still see them but me not so much, as I slip on my socks.

"Sounded like footsteps." he says.

She enters with the two mugs and handed him his.

He took a sip.

"Probably JackJack doing who knows what up there."

I mentally scream at her in my mind,"Mom!"

So the embarrassment starts.

Marcel instantly chokes on his tea and mom has to stand and start beating onto his back, "Are you okay?"