Ch 32

Encouraging Song:

Hunter Hayes - Invisible

"Those words cut deep
but they don't mean you're all alone
and you're not invisible

Hear me out,
there's so much more to life
than what you're feeling now

Some day you'll look back and
all these days
and all this pain is gonna be
Invisible."

-

Jackie POV

-

"It's good to have you back and not hogged away from us, Jackie." Leslie notes sarcastically as she bites into her sweet potato fry once we settle in our usual seat.

"I second that," Louis nods, taking one away from her tray and eating it. She doesn't even look in his direction to glare at him like she usually would.

"But seriously, where have you been?" Tabby leans forward on her elbows.

"And you Marcel." Niall interrogates.

Marcel sniffs, "I–"

"Because you really don't ever answer your phone any when I call or text you as of the past weeks. I was worried." Macy tells me.

"You both have been gone like all of last week. And you both coincidentally come back at the same time." Liam notes, pursing his lips.

I shrug. "I was grounded still and–"

"She's been 'sick'," Leslie makes air quotes.

Louis takes another fry and she turns to glare at him.

"I was!" I defend and she rolls her eyes.

"You were?" Macy asks, and points at Leslie. "How does she know and I don't?"

"What about you Marcel? Where have you been?" Stacy asks.

"Because she ran into my mom somewhere, and she told her." I explain.

"I-I was busy." He plays with his food, avoiding all the tense stares. He pulls the collar of his shirt over his mouth and gives a small sneeze into the inside of his shirt.

Louis takes another fry.

"Busy with what?" Liam asks.

"Would you eat your own food?" Leslie turns to snap at him and he smiles.

"Fine, won't happen again."

"Erm.. just helping someone out." Marcel mumbles.

"What were you sick with?" Stacy asks.