Ch 40

I made this chapter extra long in hope for forgiveness for not updating in so long. ily don't hate me pls.

-

Random Song bc I have nothing right now:

Be my Forever - Christina Perri ft. Ed Sheeran

And, oh, we got time, yeah

So darling, just say you'll stay right by my side

And, oh, we got love, yeah

Darling, just swear you'll stand right by my side

Be my forever

Be my forever

Be my forever

-

Jackie POV

-

"Twenty-two"

"Twenty-three"

"Twenty-fourrrr"

"Come on, just a few more," I urge. I grab the towel and lean down to pat around his face, and down his neck. I notice his arms begin to wobble some.

"That's quite distracting."

"Sorry," I squeak and swiftly pull my hand back. "Ignore me. Do some more."

His features tense again and his muscles flex as he pushes the bar forward again, so that it's hovering over his sweaty body. His arms tremble as he brings it back down after a few seconds.

"Do you know how hot this would be with your shirt off?" I tease and he blushes.

"Stop forgeting to breathe. In."

He inhales deeply.

"Out."

He exhales.

"Good. Now try one more. If you can't, tell me before you hurt yourself," I say worriedly as his arms continue to tremble.

He groans through his clenched teeth and pushes all of his strength through his arms in order to raise up the bar once more.

I grow scared when they begin shaking badly, "Okay I think I should–"

"No, I got it," He's quick to tell me and lets his arms droop back close to his chest, finishing his last lift. He exhales. I'm quick to help him lift the bar up back to its stand, and he sits up.

He runs his hand through his hair to push it from his face and I began to wipe his face with the towel.

I frown, "I think we need to push these down a couple weights next time."

"Oh how considerate of you," He says sarcasticaly, grabbing the towel from me and wiping his own face.

I smile, "Well, nonetheless, you got twenty-six! I'm proud of you," I say and press a kiss to his lips.

"And what might be my reward?" He asks.

"A brand new water bottle!" I exclaim excitedly and push it in his hands, "Here. Drink," I instruct and hand him his water bottle, before turning and gathering our things together. He laughs and takes it, downing the water.

"Do you think you'll be able to carry me to the car?" He mumbles after our gym bags are zipped back up and ready. I throw one of the straps of mine around my shoulder and toss Marcel's to him. He puts the strap on his own.

I laugh, "I think you overestimate my strength. But come." I grab his arm and put it around my shoulder. He puts a little weight onto me as we walk to the car, waving to our friends behind the desk.