Ch 3

Jackie Pov

"Hey, how about we make a deal?" I bite my lip.

Habit of when I'm anxious.

He stares at my face for about 10 seconds until I snap my fingers at him.

He looks down embarrassed, "I-I'm so sorry I-I.." His face begins to turn red.

"No, it's fine it's fine" I smile reassuringly "So anyways the deal..."

He slightly nods, telling me to continue.

"So I was thinking, you could help me with the subjects I'm lacking in and then I could maybe help you become... more athletic. And not fail in P.E.," I tell him.

He looks up at me, "That'd be wonderful!" He exclaims, smiling wide and jumping at the idea of no longer failing.

My eyes widen at his excitement. He didn't even stutter.

He looks at me again and instantly looks down again, "I-I'm sorry. I just.. Physical Education is t-the only thing k-keeping me from all A's in this school," he mumbles.

Lol physical education.

"Well how'd you get away with it at your last school?" I ask.

"I tutored the P.E. teacher's d-daughter," he shows a small smile.

"Sneaky sneaky boy," I make a tsk tsk sound.

He chuckles and I feel pretty satisfied.

Just then we hear the bell go off and everyone begins to get their stuff together,

"Turn in your papers!" Mr. Harvey yells.

I look down at mine and realize I still have 4 problems left,

"Shit," I curse.

Marcel looks at me before looking at my paper.

He slides his sheet across the desk to me.

I smile at him gratefully before writing down the last 4 problems.

There was no rush out of this class because the next period is lunch.

I grab my bag and throw it onto my shoulder and me and Marcel both hand in our sheets.

Mr. Harvey quickly looks at our papers before looking back up to me,

"You know this boy could help your grades a lot," he gives me a side smile, before jokingly shooing us to lunch.

"Where's your locker?" I ask when I notice we're both heading the same way.

"A132" he says.

I raise my eyebrows, "Oh, that's funny because I'm A136!" I exclaim.

"I know," he shows a small smile.

Of course he knows.

"Well hold on, I'll sit with you at lunch," I smile walking towards my locker.

"W-what?" He asks with wide eyes.

"I said.."

"N-no I heard.. I.. but why?" He questions.

I crinkle my eyebrows at him.

"Why question it?" I shrug with a smile as I stopped at my locker and begin to put my code in it.

He smiled to himself as he went to his locker and began to unlock his too.

We both began to put our stuff inside.

Anne, Macy, Tabby, and Leslie suddenly come running over.

"There you are! What took you so long? You're usually in the lunchroom by now. Everyone at our table was looking for you!" Leslie exclaims.

I grab my purse and then close the locker, locking it.

"Sorry, didn't realize I was taking so long. I just got out of Math," I tell her.

I began to look through my purse, searching for my phone. I know Zayn has probably texted many times by now.

"Oh, ok. Zayn kept texting me asking why you weren't replying to his texts," she says.

"Alright well, I got my phone now so I'll text him back at lunch. By the way I'm sitting with Marcel today." I tell her.

"Really? Dude I still haven't met him. I'll join you." She smiles.

Macy and Anne keep their mouth shut, not wanting to start an argument with me.

"Who's Marcel?" Tabby asks.

I turn towards Marcel and see he's just standing by his locker, waiting for me, while reading his book he brought.

"Him," I point.

Leslie and Tabby turn and look him up and down,

"What the hell!" Tabby whisper yells.

Leslie raises her eyebrows at him, "is he nice?"

I nod, "he's really sweet," I say.

Leslie nods to herself, "well he actually doesn't really look half that bad," she says.

I nod, agreeing with her.

I walk over towards Marcel and he looks up when I make it to him.

His eyes widen dramatically when he sees 4 girls behind me.

He begins to stutter and can't seem to form a sentence so I just quickly grab his hand and drag him into the lunchroom.

I'm going to have to teach him how to act around girls.

I pull him to the front of the line with me and nobody in line dare complains.

But Marcel looked really uncomfortable with cutting.

"Wait what do you think you're doing?" Someone tugs on Marcel's sweater sleeve angrily "no cuts"

Marcel suddenly gets nervous, "I-I.. uh..-"

"Back off kid, he's with me!" I say, removing his grip on Marcel's sleeve.

Marcel breathes out a sigh of relief as we move down the line, "Thank you," he says.

"No problem," I nod.

We all fill our trays with the lunch food. Today it was chili hot dog with tater tots and a banana.

Decent.

"Where do you usually sit?" I ask as we began to pass tables.

"B-Back there," he points to the back of the cafeteria and I raise my eyebrows but simply walk with him towards the back.

We all sat down. It's weird sitting this far back, I usually sit at the way front of the lunchroom.

"Why do you sit this far back?" Leslie asks, throwing a tater tot in her mouth.

"I like to be isolated," he says quietly.

"Well your not going to make new friends with that attitude mister," I poke him.

He chuckles.

I'm biting into my banana when I notice him lying a napkin in his lap before tucking another into his sweater.

Me and Leslie's eyes meet and we both bite into our food to keep from laughing.

I have lots to work on with this one.

"So, what-"

"Um Jackie.." Macy points to Zayn who's, coming through the lunchroom doorway with the crew.

--

Hey guys I'm just gonna tell you this right now, idk how many chapters this book is gonna have. It could be like 20 for all I know lol.

And btw I sometimes like to skip around like -2 weeks later- and such.

And yeah (:

Vote and comment plz! :3

I made it on the charts. #414 & #469 !