Ch 48

Jackie POV

"I will call and check on you every few hours or so to make sure you're okay. Answer and we won't have any problems, and your mom doesn't have to know."

"Is this a joke?"

"It can be."

"N-No, no, I'm just.. confused."

"Look, I just don't want your trip to Paris to be ruined because you feel limited to what you can and can't do around the house because of me," she explained further.

Jackie leaned forward, horror crossing her face, "Did you overhear something yesterday?"

Jenna put her hand up and stood, "Doesn't matter."

"How much?"

"Little."

"Mrs. Jenna I don't.."

"Don't think I'm kicking you out, Jackie. Other things were put into consideration too. I talked with Will about it too and he agrees. It's not up for discussion unless you actually would prefer to stay here. Do you?"

We both shook our head.

She smiled, "Thought so. Then it's settled."

She handed me the hotel room key and then clapped, "Great. Let's start working on getting your bags back in the car." Her figure disappeared up the stairs.

I slowly stood up and Marcel did too, lightly grabbing my arm to get my attention.

"Are you sure?" He asked me quietly.

"Yes."

He grabbed my shoulders, "You don't feel pressured?"

I chuckled, "No, Marcel. Do you?"

"No," he chewed the inside of his cheek, "I just wanted to make sure."

"Don't worry. I'm okay with it," I promised, then lightly patted the middle of his chest, "More than okay."

He visibly swallowed, but didn't say anything else on the topic. "I'm gonna go help Jenna with the bags."

"Okay. Here give me the keys and I'll unlock the car."

He pointed to a hook across the room.

I heard Jenna coming down the stairs while Marcel disappeared up and I grabbed the keys off the hook.

"No, leave me alone. I got it," she shooed him away. I laughed.

She came outside with my duffle bag on her arm just as I had unlocked the car and pulled open the trunk.

"Little secret?" She caught up with me.

"Hmm?"

"Marcel's uncle and I are trying to have a baby before.. before it's too late."

"Oh that's.. wow that's great. Does Marcel know?"

"No, and that's why I couldn't really full out explain what was going on. I just really don't want you to feel like I'm kicking you out or don't like you or–"

"I don't, I don't, don't worry," I reassured.

Jenna looked over her shoulder when she heard the sound of the screen door opening.

"Okay good."

She set my duffle bag down into the trunk, and I pushed it back so that the other bags would fit.

"It was so great meeting you, Jackie," she squeezed my shoulder with her hand and then left, just as Marcel appeared.

"Are you sure that you're sure about this?" I heard from beside me.