44. You're a theif

##UNEDITED##

Arnav Pov

After the hectic meetings, I put my foot down in my apartment floor. Something in the air seems wrong. Taking long strides to avoid negative thoughts, I stood rooted to the spot seeing them.

My whole world stood still. The thing which I didn't want to happen was actually happened, that too so soon. Who can hide from fate? It's my fault of keeping him in the same building. I should have evaded him from this building as soon as I came aware of his presence.

Stepping further I saw the shocked face of Khushi. What will she do now? Just now she started to show some feelings towards me and now this.

This Rohit had to knock our door. Didn't I warned him to stay away from my flat then what is he doing now? Damn it!

Leaping forward, I stood between Khushi and him. He widen his eyes in shock and Nandhini opened her mouth to speak.

"He didn't want to come here. I just want to have a talk with Khushi"

"Enough, there's nothing between you and her to talk anything. Get lost before I sue you from this apartment" I yelled not caring about my loud voice which I use only in office. Nandhini shook her head.

"I don't know why you and your wife was behaving with us like this. I..."

I didn't let her speak, pushing Khushi inside I closed the door on his face. If not for Khushi liking apartments, I would've bought a farmhouse here.

Fearing for Khushi reaction I darted my eyes directly to Khushi "Khushi"

She raised her eyes at me and then walk back to her room. Her face was emotionless that I couldn't decipher what she is thinking.

I walked behind her "Khushi..." She walked fast and slammed her room door before I could enter into the room.

"Khushi, open the door. Let me explain.. Khushi atleast talk to me. Khushi" I yelled knocking the door continuously.

"Khushi please... Hear me.. Khushi" I kept slamming the door until my palms started aching.

She has gone into her previous mode. There'll be no space for me to stay in her life anymore. Not even a week passed after I started accustomed to her love now I was vehemently brought back to earlier stage.

"Khushi... You promised me today morning. You should not turn your back on me. Khushi..." I yelled not minding of my slouched form against the door and the deteriorating trust on being back to normal.

She doesn't even care to reply me. Like I feared everything was ruined "Khushi...Khushi..."

Not getting a reply I felt defeated. With the same treacherous, broken heart I fell straight on my bed exhausted.

Today I lost the hope of getting her love. Today I lost the hope of happily ever after. Today I lost the hope of exploring my first and last love.

A lone tear trailed down my eyes screaming my helplessness and failure. Now I realise how must have Khushi felt losing Siddharth. Now I realise what does people mean by love failure. Now I realise why few people willing to end their life in love failure. This was the worst ever feeling in my whole life.

Rubbing my face I tried to erase the uneasiness. But will it be rubbed off? Laying without any movement, I recalled our happy moments. May be I was blessed to live only with her memories.

Eventually sleep overcomes my tired form. How much I wish to wipe the sleep of from my face and live with the memories of her.

A shrill of ringtone startled me from sleep. With the sudden intrusion my heart raced up. It took a minute for me to normalise my emotion. Knowing it was ringing from my trouser packet I took it and shocked seeing the caller ID.