17. His Insight

Arnav's POV

Seeing her falling down taking my coat in her fist, I held her before she touches the ground. Picking her in my arms, escorting the media away I took her to one of the room I booked here for emergency purposes.

While placing her safely in bed, annika and other family reached there knowing Khushi's sudden deterioration in health.

"What happened to her damaadji?" Garima aunty was the first one to reach khushi.

"She fainted aunty, don't worry I called the doctor. He'll be here in few minutes" I assured her albeit being in dilemma with the name khushi uttered before fainting.

'Siddharth' I don't know who he is, but somewhere i fear he'll be close to khushi that's why she fainted. She must saw him in the party.

Doctor came and checked stating, she just fainted due to weakness or shock. Nothing to worry about.

"Aunty, uncle why don't you attend the party while we'll be down once she is back to the sense. Don't worry about her, I'll be with her. See how worried Payal and Meera were, they planned so much for this party. Dad take them down. Mom..." I reassured them and eyed mom and dad to control the situation. Who better than them knows about this party and media issues! If media smells something then it'll turn mountain out of a mole. Already they must be seen khushi fainting, it's better to inform aman to handle the media.

Family moved out from there giving the last stare to khushi.

Not few seconds passed I heard her yelling "SIDDHARTH"

"Khushi...Khushi..." I patted her cheeks trying to wake her.

She murmured some incoherent words, something like leave me, I have to save him. I tried to wake her and got succeeded in that too.

Simultaneously annika came there with some juice for her.

Fluttering her lids she opened her eyes asking where she was?

I thrust the liquid into her mouth and ordered her to come downstairs once she's good enough to attend the party. Annika took charge of that.

Cancelling the press meet I waited for khushi, seemed like an eternity I saw annika escorting her down. Striding towards them like a wind i held her hand in mine. Asking about her health I escorted her towards the centre of the hall promising her to end the party soon.

But seems, she has some other plans, as soon as I loosened my hold she went on searching for someone. That someone maybe siddharth. Anger rushed through my veins, she's not even smiling for courtesy in my party but starts searching someone according to her wishes.

Having no patience to end this torture, yeah torture for both of us. She feels I was a thorn, and I feel insulted.

Forcefully I dragged and dumped her in the car.

"Who is siddharth? Why did she whisper his name? Does she know him? How? Maybe he's her colleague! Ofohh...How would he be her colleague, when he seems to be from media industry? Maybe school friend, but that reason is not enough for her to shock. Why would she be shocked if he's close friend of her unless he threatened her. But is it possible to threaten a person like khushi? What if she loves him...

Hmphh....My head will burst with these thoughts. I felt hard to keep my calm until we reach our room.

As soon as we entered I started to ask my doubts only to realise she is in her own world dialling someone not hearing an ounce of what I am saying. Can't she realise I am also human, I can't stood as a robot like she wishes?