46. Imperfectly perfect

Khushi Pov

I saw him opening his mouth to tell about him. If I was like earlier I would've asked about it eagerly. But now I changed, I don't want to concentrate on others than Arnav that too on his birthday.

Travelling on the pricking thorns I reached here. Reached the place where I can easily put behind my past and willingly reaching out for future. As looking back I can only conclude myself as a stupid women. Uff..

"How did you come up with  engagement idea? And when did you bought the ring?" Asked he breaking my monologue.

I looked up at him "Do you think I'll feel happy after seeing the photos in the wall when it was screaming the reality at my face?" His eyes flinched.

"So are you going to remove it and replace new one's now?"

I shook my head in denial "I learnt the life hard way through my attitude. I learnt to read a person in twisted way and I want to keep it that way. That photos always show me the dark side of my life and the imperfections  screams perfection of your Love. I want to adore your love. So let's keep that way"

He shook his head "You always thinks in twisted way. Don't get hurt willingly"

I nodded accepting his genuine care.

"Shall we go back now? I have a meeting at 10. A.m" Asked he dropping the bomb on my plans.

I pouted in dismay. True that I didn't planned anything big as I don't have time. But can't we just enjoy in silence.

"Arnav why don't you postpone it" I requested him hoping to get more time with him.

"I can't Khushi. It's important, trust me I was more than desperate to spend some time with you. But for that I can't neglect my office works. It's about upcoming fashion week" He explained hard with worry, maybe he doesn't want to hurt my wishes.

"It's ok. I can understand. But after that you should not look after office works other than me" I ordered him pointing my index finger at him placing stone in my heart. I couldn't even made his day special.

"Okkkk..." 

And then his lips came fused with mine unexpectedly. Closing my eyes, I threaded my fingers at his soft shiny hairs accepting him. It become normal for us now. We came long away!!!

Breaking the fusion of lips he laid his forehead against mine panting heavily giving competition to my breathing "You didn't answer me still. How and when did you bought the ring?"

"Yesterday night, after departing from our home. That's a pure luck, only one shop is opened and I bought it in hurry. You like.. it?" I asked reluctantly.

"No..." My face lost it's colour.

"I love it" He finished after a brief silence.

Beamed at him I kissed the day lights of him. My first gift was loved by him and moreover the ring will be forever with him unlike other materialistic things.

"Oh.. Khushi.. what was the that?" He asked in excitement.

"For loving my gift" I winked at him in return.

The calm, excited eyes of his suddenly twinkled with mischief. Something is brewing up in his brain.

"Then what was the gift for loving you?"

So this is what he brewed up.

Sitting on my knees infront of him, I wrapped my arms around his nape.

"I am loving you, do you need more gift than this?"

For sure he was astounded by my answer and I welcome that.