1. Marriage!

I was sitting in a car which is big enough to accommodate seven to eight people but here i was accompanied by my two sisters and my parents are coming by another car. Why can't they all travel in one vehicle at least for some time? The car was sent by groom's family, they are super rich while our family is a middle class one. I sighed and turned my gaze outside the window. The heavy dresses, costly jewelleries, the never ending rituals are going to end in few hours along with my freedom. I don't know why marriage is necessary for a girl. Can't she live her life like she wants? Why they have to be tied in a marriage? And why is it important for a girl to marry? Why women have to depend on men in the name of marriage? Why can't she deny the marriage? Why fate is playing with her? Her thoughts came to halt by sudden brake. I noticed my surroundings and guess what? we reached the mandap which is in the outskirts of Delhi. Someone opened the side of my door. I see here and there, gulped my saliva to collect my thoughts. Soon i was standing before a beautiful farm house which is decorated like a bride. The house stood tall with fairy lights hanging here and there and it looks like a blissful environment. How irony it looks? Here bride is miserable but the surroundings seem ecstatic.

Before i let out a fake smile i was welcomed by my would-be mother-in-law. She circled a thali around me in return i plastered a smile on my face. I heard murmurs like, "Look how beautiful the bride is? She looks like she is descended from the moon. She looks like an angel. Arnav beta is lucky"

I ignored all their comments but i can't ignore my mother-in-law word who is a sweet lady. "You are looking exquisite khushi betiya. Arnav will be gone case today" I smiled a little at first but it faded as soon as my name and beauty is joined with him. This is not the life i wanted. I want to shout aloud that i don't want marriage, but alas my family members face come before me stopping me from doing that. I can't even let out my sigh before this countless people whose eyes are glued to my each activities. My younger sister meera who was standing beside me nudged to smile. Biting my inner tongue i forced a smile. Soon i was escorted inside by my nanad anika and my sisters to a room. After one hour of torturous teasings and make up i was ready.

After another torturous half-an-hour, i was escorted to mandap. There my would-be husband is sitting doing rituals in front of the holy fire as per pandit instructions. He lifted his face as soon as i entered there. His face glowed brightly and he smiled at me. I must say he is handsome and breathtaking man, i came across. I started walking towards him, my sisters and anika made me sit beside him. He stared at me without blinking. I gulped my saliva seeing his eager face which is waiting for my reaction. But i don't care at all. I turned my gaze to the fire in front of me. I was irritated by his continuous staring, why he is looking at me like this? Even after many cleared their throats he seemed unaffected. I gritted my teeth, "Will you stop staring me?" said in a low tone which is audible only to him. He comes out of his dreamland after hearing my voice and concentrated ahead on pandit. I am not interested in all these things, he too have idea about it yet, he decided to put his head in fire. Yup, i am like lava, if anyone dare to do anything with me against my will then they have to face my wrath. This marriage itself against my will yet, i can't do anything. I was bounded by my promise which can't be broken that's the reason i am sitting here tolerating all the shits.

Soon i felt a cold thing in my neck which is nothing other than mangalsutra. Yup he tied it when i was lost in my thoughts. Next, his fingers marked me by putting vermillion on my forehead, followed by exchanging varmala, 7pheres. I did all the rituals mechanically like i did in my other rituals starting from engagement. My sisters, cousins and his relatives also teased a lot during the rituals but i don't give a damn at all. He was smiling like an idiot when all teased us, if i am not wrong i did notice a tinge of blush on his face. How much i hate that. I wish i'll strangle him to death, but i don't want to go to jail. We start to leave for his home for now but not before bidaai.

I don't know for which reason i have to cry, be it for leaving my parents and home or for the life i am going to start unwantedly. But nonetheless, i cried for both. In between my cries i heard my father speaking to my husband of one hour,

"My betiya will be stubborn sometimes, but she is good at heart. Please don't take her words seriously. Please forgive her if she does anything wrong. Please take care of her damadji" my father Sashi gupta requested my husband.

"Don't tell please uncle. Now I am her husband, i'll take care of her. She is my life more than my responsibility. You don't have to worry about her. I am here for her" my husband replied. I rolled my eyes hearing his filmy words.

The same sentences are again repeated by my mother Garima to my mother-in-law Ratna singh raizada. She too replied same like my husband arnav.

After a lot of crying, me and my husband are made to sit in a decorated car which covered the remaining distance between the farm house and my in-laws. As soon as i sat beside my husband, he hold my hand gently and caresses the back of my palm assuring me. But i don't need all this, i am capable of taking care of myself. I release my hand from his hold, he stared me for sometime before turning to other side. But it did not last long, within few minutes he handed his kerchief seeing my tears which i refused to take from him. He forcefully wiped my tears with concern.

"Khushi.." his voice reached my ears. I didn't acknowledged though he continued, "You can visit your parents whenever you want. We both will shift to our new home like you wished after finishing the rituals which takes another three days. I called you to inform this but as usual, you didn't attend my call" he finished with accusing tone. I shrugged at this. After that conversation we sat in silent till we reach his house.

Car stopped before a big mansion which is also decorated like a bride. I stared the mansion with my heart content not that this is my sasural, i liked the infrastructure. The mansion is not less than a palace. But my staring session came to halt hearing a click sound and i turned other side to find a hand held out for me from outside of the car. That's when i noticed my husband is missing and the hand is none other than my husband's. I decided to deny his help but because of my heavy lehenga i have to take his help. I stumbled at the door; he caught me by my waist. I felt new sensations in my body when his cold hand met my bare skin surprisingly i liked it. Immediately i stepped out of his hold, this is not what i expected. I have to keep distance between us. He stared at me in confusion seeing the distance created between us by me. But thank god his gaze was broken by loud voice,

"Bhai and Bhahi reached" i think it is anika voice.

...to be continued

__________________

I know this is small chapter, but i want to know about your opinion. This story is mostly in khushi POV and you all will get others when the story demands. I want to know whether i continue like this? It's my first story to be written in one's POV. I briefed khushi's thoughts more in this so that i can explain her stand in this marriage which is the root of this story. Hope i am not bored you with this. I am waiting for your reviews dears. Feel free to tell your opinion. constructive criticism is always welcome!

*And the update will be depending on the response!!!!!

/SLOW UPDATES/

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Follow!

Priya..