6. His first day

Arnav POV

Sunrays entered into the room making its presence, because of my tiredness whole night i slept peacefully ignoring the hard recliner. Slowly i turned my gaze to my bed only to get mesmerized seeing my newly wedded wife sleeping peacefully. She is looking cute in her sleep. I didn't lift my eyes from her until a knock distracted me.

Inhaling i went towards the door, before that our room state caught my eyes. For others, we are newly wed who starts their married life. So quickly i arranged my side of bed with the pillow which i used in recliner and hide the blanket in wardrobe.

Mom's smiling face invited me as soon as i opened the door. I smiled at her in return.

"Arnie, be ready by seven. You and khushi should have to do puja. Inform her to" said mom.

"Ok mom. Anything else" i asked in teasing manner seeing her standing at the same place for more than a minute.

"You've married yesterday only arnie, already you are throwing me out" She feigned sadly. In return, i winked at her before closing the door.

Sighing i strode towards khushi only to get drawn into her. Her calm sleeping face was enough for me to indulge in her. If only she is calm enough in daylight, they would have been comfortable in their relationship. And I that much knows she is anything but calm and innocent.

Thinking of the ways to wake her, i opened the poolside curtain and noticed her expressions whether she is awake or not.

She did awake but soon gone into her blanket saying "Argh..maa close the window. Don't make noise, i want to sleep" i didn't understand when did i make noise, i just moved the curtains aside so that it will fell on khushi. But then it strikes me she's thinking her being in her home. I thought to let her sleep for some time but the time didn't let me do so.

"Khushi.." i called her as a whisper.

"Will you let me sleep maa?" She asked raising her voice still thinking she's in her home. "Why are you hell bent on disturbing my sleep" i again her annoyed voice.

I don't want to create a scene among the guests, once they're out i'll let her according to her wishes. With this thought, i called her again.

This time i am succeeded in waking her, she stared me weirdly i think she got conscious of her surroundings. I want to start our first day with a smile, so throws one at her.

"Khushi, mom said we have to do rituals. So she asked us to be ready by seven" i said breaking our silence. Next instant her eyes searched for clock and her eyes widen as soon as she saw the time. I think she never seen sun rise.

But what she did next really shocked me, "I am sleepy. Don't wake me before eight" saying this she slept. Like seriously she didn't even acknowledge me, just slept like that. I stood astonished by her behavior. Nonetheless, i called her again as i want to try my level best but she slept so i went downstairs getting ready.

When i was in last step mom came running to me.

"Arnie, i said to bring Khushi with you. What's this behavior of yours? You're not alone, you should accompany her if she took time to get ready. She's new to this house, she came here trusting you. It's your duty to make her comfortable along with us. I didn't expect this from you" she said in a single breath thinking as if i wantedly left Khushi in room. If only she knows her daughter-in-law is sleeping selling her horses.

"Why are you standing like a wall? Say something" she scolded me more when i was thinking ways to reveal khushi's state.

"Your daughter-in-law was ill" i said calmly but she went hyper hearing that "Are you mad? Why are you saying this lately? You should have informed me the minute you came downstairs. Now move, i can see her myself as i guess how cool you're taking this issue" i don't know why she's freaking so much.