40. Forget to take my heart

Khushi Pov

Sitting behind him on the bike, I gripped his shoulders without hesitation.

He silently drove towards our destination. I enjoyed the same in silence.

I smiled not because of the speed breaker which made me to crash against him but the reminisce of his shocked face when he saw me beside him at morning. His face was worth watching altering from wide mouth, sleepy eyes to dreamy eyes and glowing face.

"I will also smile if you tell me the reason" I was brought back by his question.

Why would he has to raise a question now? I was happy in reminiscing the morning incident.

"I forget to take my heart" I replied instantly in trance. It happened in a blink that I had no control over my words. He applied the break in haste only then it seeped in, I was mortified but somehow calmed down in eagerness to know his reaction.

He darted his eyes turning his head and eyed me suspiciously.

"What did you said?" Asked he.

"What I just answered your question" I shrugged casually and laughed inwardly. I don't know from where I got that words to say it to him. Everything was so fast that I even started to voice out whatever thought occur in my brain. I should control my tongue otherwise I'll land in trouble upsetting him even before I could come clear with my feelings.

"Khushi I am asking you. What did you said just now" He persuaded even more.

I cannot admit now when I was not sure of it so I tried to divert him "I forget it. Arnav you're getting late for your office"

"I see..." He thinned his lips and started the bike.

The remaining drive was filled with full of silence except the roaring of bike. I laid my head on his back as he speed up the pace.

"Arnav speak something. I am getting bored" I sulked by the silence.

He halted the bike without saying anything "We're home"

I raised my head and saw the surroundings. Indeed we reached our apartment. Sighing, I get down. All of sudden I felt as if I was woken up from a dream. A dream which gave me a new reason to live, new reason to my existence, new reason to love, new reason to dream.

Parking the bike, he walk towards me and bend down at my ears making me frown.

What is he intend to do? For god sake, we're at parking lot.

"You didn't forget that, it was safely with me. So no worries wifey dear" He winked twirling the keys.

I looked at him bewildered. Does that mean he heard what I said?

"Oh yes. I did wifey. What do you think, I would be careless to ignore your talks. Nope, that will never happen. Come to our home soon, I am getting late for office" He winked and throws a flying kiss before entering into the lift.

What the hell! How could he pay attention to all my words and actions! I whined at the thought.

"Hey hai Khushi..."

I snapped my head towards the voice. There stood Nandhini opposite to me and giving a smile.

I become conscious as his words about her earlier came back the instant.

"Hai.. I would be going. Will see you later, bye" Quickly mumbling a bye I followed Arnav.

Fiddling my fingers I impatiently waited for the lift to come down. I felt someone gaze on me and turned to see Nandhini stood in the same place where I was before with scrutinizing gaze. I fumbled more. Why is she looking at me like that?