Round Four: Entries

*Eran

'Wake up Eran,' said a voice in my head.

I groaned, and was about to role over, when I noticed that I wasn't sleeping on a stable surface. I scrambled for a foothold in the saddle I was in, ending up with my but sticking out and my hands clasped at the handles on my saddle.

There was a snort from the dragon I was riding, before he started laughing helplessly. I scolded him before crawling back up into the saddle. Some of the other riders I was flying with gave me some funny looks. I looked forward, ignoring them.

It had been almost a month since the Eldanuri was stolen, and since then we had been training hard, learning all the different ways to disarm opponents and fight on the top of your dragon, (which I had excelled at). By the end of it we had all become a lot better. Now we were flying over a large forest, straight towards the great Eragon's very building.

I couldn't wait. This was the first time I had ever been out of Alageasia, the first time most of us have, and it was great.

'There it is,' said Farran, with a rumble.

I frowned, 'Where?'

'In the distance, here I'll show you,' he said.

I felt myself leave my body and go into Farran's head. I was a weird feeling, but we had done it many times before. It was always a great feeling, to practically be a dragon.

We flapped our wings and zoomed our gaze onto a structure in the distance. There it was, the Dragon Rider head quarters. As we continued to fly the details of the enormous structure became more prominent.

The first thing we noticed was that it was on the side of a large mountain. Not as big as the Boer Mountains but probably around Spine mountain size. It was built into the mountain, with large holes through it, probably for the different dragons.

Out the front was a large courtyard, filled with all different types of trees and flowers. It was definitely one of the most beautiful things that I had ever seen. It even rivalled Ellesmera.

Another thing I spotted out the front was what looked like a large mound of blue sapphires. I frowned at that, why would Eragon want that in his courtyard. It would just get in the way, and looked very out of place.

But what caught my eye were all the dragons flying above the mountain. There were hundreds of them, and all of them looked wild. Most of them were actually very small, around Farran's size or smaller.

I withdrew from Farran's mind and back into my own. It was a slight relief to have control again, but nothing ever beet being in Farran's mind.

It took us nearly half-an-hour to get to the building. As we got closer I took out my sword and gazed through the diamond, trying to see if I could spot Eragon, or one of the elves that lived there.

I did, they were all there, probably around fifty of them. I know only twelve went with Eragon, but as the years went on more decided to go and live with the fabled dragon rider.

Our dragons all swooped over the crowd of elves, and they all cheered as they saw us. The dragons hovered down and landed in front of the crowd.

'Quite the welcome party,' said Farran, looking down at all the elves, 'I hope we don't squish any of them.'

'I agree,' I said.

Looking around the elves I tried to spot Eragon, to know avail. What I did see was an elf, and elf that stood out from the rest because he wasn't smiling and cheering. He was staring straight at me, and I almost felt the anger burning from him. And his eyes, his eyes were almost glowing red. I shivered, he was trouble.