Round Two: Entries

*Dagny

Did Not Hand in Entry

*Tazarlhuin "Taz"

Dropped Out

*Eran

A ant was walking along a small piece of wood. A bird was flying through the trees. A snake was coiled up under a log. All this I saw through my minds eye as I sat, cross legged, with my eyes closed. Everything was so calm, like a lake.

I felt something big enter the scene. I quickly focused on the source, and smiled. I opened my eyes and was greeted with a dragon, a large dragon. It was a light blue colour, the same as the ocean almost.

'Farran,' I spoke mentally.

'Hello,' replied a voice in my head, 'So, you finally ready to fly? I've been up there for hours waiting for you, and you just sit there and meditate.'

'Hey, it's not like I have a choice,' I replied, getting up from the ground, 'My master is the one making me do this. He said three hours.'

'And its been like four,' said Farran.

'No, it's been two,' I sighed, 'But it was getting boring anyway, its way to peaceful out here.'

Farran nodded, 'Agreed. Now get on my back, or do I have to carry you with my mouth again.'

I just smiled and walked up to his back, before climbing on. Master Aloth wouldn't be checking on me for another hour yet. We had more then enough time. I moved my sword, Draumr, to a more comfortable position then strapped my feet into Farran's saddle.

'Mush!' I yelled pointing to the sky.

Farran laughed and with a big flap we lifted off. I easily balanced on his back, laughing with him as he rose through the air. It was a rather calm day, nothing exciting was happening at all.

I closed my eyes as I felt the wind rush past my face. Flying was amazing. There was nothing else that could even hope to match how amazing it was, not even the rush of energy you get in a fight came close.

'Hey, so I came up with a new trick,' said Farran, taking another flap.

'Really, well then, what are we waiting for?' I replied.

'Hold on,' said Farran.

He began to climb into the air, beating his wings franticly. I gripped the saddle grimly. As we got higher, the air got colder, and I felt my ears begin to freeze. This was always my least favourite part of flight. The dive however, always made up for it.

Farran suddenly stopped flying up and turned upside down. I gripped the saddle even harder. There were two loops at the top of the saddle that allowed for extra grip in times like these. I pulled myself as close as I could to the dragon as he closed his wings and began to drop, backwards.

I held on with all my might, and couldn't help but smile. This was the best feeling. A free fall riding a dragon, knowing that you can trust them to stop before we hit the ground. I looked at the forest. It was getting closer and closer before suddenly Farran opened one wing. The wind caught it and flipped him back the right way up. The only reason I stayed on was because of my grip on the saddle handles. He opened his other wing quickly and flapped them in unison as hard as he could. The force of the flap caused the trees below us to sway wildly and I heard a crack sound through the trees. A branch fell from one of them.

'Woops,' said Farran.

I just laughed. The elves had been complaining about our tendency to break branches off trees. One time we had even knocked one over. After that we had a hard time singing it back into the ground, and I wasn't the best at the ancient language.