Round One: Welcoming Your New Soul Mate

First task: Welcoming Your New Soul Mate

It's around midday when they finally make it to your hometown. People gather round, just hoping for a glimpse of what everyone had been waiting for. Finally, as the crowd parts, you see them. The elves come striding in, elegant as always. But it isn't that which catches your eye. It is the gleaming egg held in ones hands. A deep longing builds in your chest as people start lining up to touch the egg, wondering if they will be the next Rider. Perhaps it could you? You will just have to find out! As you get in line, your heart starts to beat faster and faster as you draw closer to the egg. Person after person touches the egg, yet nothing happens. Finally, you stand in front of the beautiful egg, and place your hand on the smooth surface. And that's when it happens! The dragon chooses you.

For this challenge you will be describing the time when the elves come to your home town and the egg ceremony that follows! You must tell how the egg chooses you and how you then leave town to go to Ellesmera! The rules for this task are as follows.....

Rules:

1. You must write about the ceremony how people line up and touch the egg. You must also tell how the egg chooses you and how you pack your things and leave town (unless your character lives in Ellesmera). You must write how your dragon hatches and descriptions of your characters first impression of it (don't forget the Gëdway Ignasia). Also your dragon needs a name ;) just saying!

2. If your entry contains swearing or violence you must say so at the beginning of your entry. Please only mild swearing though!!! Violence will be unavoidable with this book series though...

3. Now is the time to make allies! So for future entries we recommend messaging people and teaming up (this means your characters could be enemies or friends, either one) do not make enemies with someone unless you Pm them first! This is crucial. YOU MUST SPEAK WITH SOMEONE BEFORE BECOMING RIVALS/ENEMIES. That's why this message is in the rules.

4. To turn in your entries they must be sent in via PM

***the due date to turn in entries is April 18th 11:59 Central Time.***

A link to a central clock time is right here..... http://time.gov/HTML5/ I can also put it in the comments

If you do not turn in your entry without good reason (this is basically "I didn't feel like it" or "forgot") you will be docked five points from your score. We understand things come up but please try guys. If there is a conflict, let us know ASAP.

NO ONE WILL BE KICKED OUT OF TRAINING THIS ROUND! So as said above this is your chance to make allies with someone, perhaps check if someone is in the same hometown as you or something, if not, you could just pm people and prepare a friendship/enmity when training begins.

We recommend posting your entries in a book, like UnicornPrincess15 for example, the link is here if you want to see. BUT YOU MUST PM YOUR ENTRIES TO US IN ORDER FOR THEM TO COUNT. Not dedicate the chapters to us.

http://www.wattpad.com/44534585-dragonink-my-entries

Next round we will be eliminating four people and choosing a "Judges Pick" who will recieve five extra points :) Your total points during voting will determine who is kicked out of training. But again, that isn't until the second round.

So without further ado, LET THE TRAINING GAMES BEGIN!