Chapter 15

Play songs as you read the chapter 

I ran from Marcus as fast as I could until he kicked me in the back of my knees and I fell to the floor. Fear ran through my body as he looked at me.

This was not my Marcus. this Marcus had a glassy look in his eyes and he looked like a monster, he stepped onto my chest while swinging he arms and fist landing every hit on another part of my body.

He laughed a terrifying laugh as he kicked me around the living room, when I got the chance I grabbed my phone and ran to the bathroom but fell because of the intense pain in my leg, I limped as fast as I could to the bathroom and locked the door.

Tears poured down my face, I had never been so scared in my life. He soon began to yell that he would kill me and that this would be my last day on earth.

I gripped my phone like the lifeline it was, blood poured from multiple places in my body, my ribs were in intense pain and I knew that one my legs were broken, I called the first person that came to my mind "Clarence please help me" I pleaded as Marcus kicked the bathroom door.

"Serenity baby what's wrong" he asked, I could hear the fear in his voice, "Yo he hitting you again" he asked and all I could do was cry.

"Open the door you punk ass bitch, you were bad enough to touch my shit now come face the consequences" Marcus yelled at me still banging on the door. 

"Clarence help me please" I begged sliding further away from the door leaving a trail of blood from my original spot, my leg was quickly swelling.

I could hear Clarence taking deep breaths and him running around, and I soon heard his engine startup "Serenity stay on the phone, baby girl I'll be there as fast as I can just don't hang up"

Clarence POV 

I sped down the highway as fast as I could "Serenity you still there" I asked but I soon heard a blood-curdling scream and from the sound in the background I knew that he had finally kicked the door down.

"Serenity" I yelled, I wanted to cover my ears the sound of him hurting her was too much for me to handle "Stop" I yelled at him wishing that I could get to her faster.

"You called someone" I heard Marcus yell, and he began to hit her more, I could hear the sound of every punch hit her, every groan that slipped from her lips.

I pulled into a parking space as fast as I could and decided to skip the elevator because I did not have time to wait.

Skipping multiple steps at a time I ran up to her floor and as soon as I got to their door I began to kick it with all the force I had in my body, I was filled with rage and I was ready to get her out of here.

I loved Mariah because she was going to be the mother of my child but at this moment I knew that I didn't love her the way I loved Serenity.

The door finally caved in and I was shaking with fear when I no longer heard her screams but I still heard heavy grunts coming from the bathroom. As I looked around I saw bloodstained floors and glass everywhere. I held my breath as I kept walking.

I walked through the apartment trying to find them and almost puked when I did, Marcus was laying on the floor with his pants around his ankles raping an unconscious Serenity.

I pulled my gun from my waistband and began to shoot him multiple times, I didn't stop until I saw his body slumped on the floor.