Chapter 10

Clarence in the  mm

"Oh baby baby we belong together" Mariah Carey x We Belong Together 

Serenity POV

I sat in the chair next to Marcus's bed and held his hand, he looked so bad and pitiful. His lip was purple and one of his eyes was swollen shut with a split across it, he even had a broken arm.

As I stared at him I briefly thought about running but I knew he needed me and this is where I wanted to be.

"Why would he do this to him" I mumbled but I then remembered that he knew my story he knew what Marcus did. I looked at my fiance again and realized that this was my fault.

I laid my head in my hands and began to cry, I cried about everything, my baby, Marcus, our whole situation. I heard a small knock on the door and looked up to see Marcus's parents.

I jumped up, wiped my eyes and smoothed down my clothes. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Keyes" I said politely still holding onto Marcus's hand.

"Get the hell out of my way" his mother Christina told me while pushing me out of her way to get to her son. 

The whole time that Marcus and I had been together his mother had never liked me and his father made me extremely uncomfortable so I was always walking on thin ice.

During the beginning of our relationship, Marcus would protect me from them and keep them from being to rude but sadly he no longer did that so it was always me against them.

I watched as she stroked his cheek but she quickly stood up and pushed me "What the fuck did you do, this has to be your fault" she yelled roughly poking her finger into my chest.

I tried to step away from her but my back was against a wall "I, I didn't do anything" I stuttered still trying to get away from her.

She stared me down "Yes you did and you know you did you little slut, you were probably cheating and your side man probably did this to him" she yelled and I shook my head trying to make her know that I really didn't do anything.

She didn't miss a beat as she continued to curse at me "I don't care how high in class your family is but you, you must be adopted because you are nothing like them you nasty little girl, I hope my son cheats on you and finds someone worthy of him" she yelled looking in my eyes.

"Mom please leave my fiance alone" I heard a very raspy voice say and I quickly realized it was Marcus and I was shocked that he was defending me.

Before I had the chance to go check on him his mother rushed over and sat in my chair "Oh honey you must have bumped your head, she is not you fiance she's just some nasty little tramp that you call a girlfriend" she said rubbing his head.

I looked at the ring on my finger but decided to keep quiet even tho I really wanted to be rude "Serenity come here" Marcus said and I slowly walked to him and he pulled me onto the bed.

Christina rolled her eyes and looked at us but Marcus grabbed my hand and showed her my ring.

It looked like her eyes were about pop from her head and she jumped from her seat "What the hell did you do" she yelled.