Chapter 1

"Standing in the light of your halo, I've got my angel now" Beyonce x Halo

Serenity walked back into the counselor's office after leaving from a classroom to settle down a group of arguing girls, she sighed and adjusted her fluffy white sweater before sitting back down at the front desk.

She had worked at MLK middle school, which was located in the heart of Chicago, for the past three months and she still struggled to understand why the students had such bad behavioral issues.

She spent more time running around the school to prevent or break up fights than she did sitting at her own desk. She looked at the little clock on her desk, "Only 30 more minutes" she whispered to her self.

She sat and thought about all the things she had to do before she went home, she had to be sure she went to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients and have dinner or the table before Marcus made it home, she shuddered at the fear of what would happen if it wasn't.

"Fuck no, if that bitch can talk shit she can catch these hands" a girl yelled and broke Serenity from her thoughts.

A female teacher had her hands around her as she struggled to drag her into the office, "Bre'Anna settle down" Serentity said.

She had seen her in this office way to many times and she was learning how to handle her. Serentiy walked over to her and gently grabbed her arm.

Bre'Anna yanked away "Nah Miss.Banks she aint going to keep talking reckless to me, imma whoop her ass" she yelled.

"Bre calm down because if you break my nail we going to have some real problems do you understand" she strictly said to her and Bre'Anna rolled her eyes.

"I've got it from here" Serenity said to the teacher and she looked so happy to be done with this situation.

"Go on back and talk to your counselor Mrs.K" she said to her sitting back at the desk and looking at the clock again.

"Nooo why I cant just talk to you, you know I can't stand that hoe" she replied.

"You know I'm not a couselor yet, now go on back" Serenity told her and went back to filling out paperwork. Bre'Anna stomped to the back office unhappily.

After the remaining school time passed Serentiy began to pack her bag so she could quicly make it home and get everything presetable before her boyfriend got off from work.

Mrs.K walked to the front "Hey Ms.Banks can you sit with Bre'Anna bad ass until her dad gets here" she asked.

Serenity was taken aback by the way she talked about the students here but she was beginning to get used to it "I'm sorry but I really have to hurry up and get home" she said standing up.

"Ugh what do you have to rush home to, I have to pick up the twins from daycare and help Mike with his homework, can you please just stay with her" she said back with an attitude.

Serenity looked at the time again and sighed, "her father should be here soon, they dont live to far" she thought to herself "Yeah go ahead I'll stay with her" she replied. 

Mrs.K smirked and grabbed her bag before running out and Bre'Anna soon walked down the hall and sat in the chairs "Finally that bitch is gone" she said crossing her legs up on the chair.