Chapter 55

•a week later, night time•

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed when I felt the worst pain in my life. I opened my eyes and whimpered, putting my hand on my bump.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and a relaxing feeling washed over me. I looked to my left and saw my two mothers, looking at me with the biggest smiles in the whole universe.

"It's time, sweetie. Your pups are coming." Dianea said and took my hand, pulling me up from the bed.

"Mom, I'm scared." I whispered.

"I know baby, I know." She hugged me and then looked me in the eyes.

"But you are stronger than you think. It will be alright. Now come on, hurry. The pain will be gone for a while. You need to wake up Alex. He...has to leave."

"What? Why can't he stay?" I gripped her hand. It hurt my soul that Alex couldn't stay with me.

"You have to do this alone." She stated and my other mother (Lucrecia) nodded.

"But...I need him. He's my mate and..." I was interrupted by my mate's groan.

"Ach? Baby? What's going on?" He opened his eyes and they went wide when he saw the two women before him. "Oh. Well, hello." He awkwardly said and I chuckled. 

I want him to stay.

"Ach, tell him what he needs to know. We are going to prepare everything for you." Dianea said and left the room with Lucrecia.

"Tell me what?" He asked and stood up, coming to my side.

"It's time." I took a deep breath and continued. "The pups are coming. But..."

"Really? Oh, my God!" He hugged me and then tensed. "But what?"

"I'm sorry. You have to leave. I-I need to give birth on my own, without help."

"What?" He asked in disbelief and I felt my heart sink to the floor - I hate hurting him.

"Mom told me I am to be left alone, no doctor, no mate. Just me, myself and I. And the babies." I explained. "I want you here, I really do. But this is how it's supposed to be. Sorry, baby. You know I love you, right?" I was on the verge of crying but had to stay strong - for him.

"No. I can't leave you dealing with the pain by yourself!" He raised his voice and I cowered away. "Sorry, I'm so sorry. I can't control my instincts anymore." He took my hands and kissed my knuckles.

"You need to leave, now. I feel the pain is returning. Come on." I pulled him down the stairs. He was clenching his jaw but knew better than to object. I kissed him and he shed a tear.

"Alex. Don't do this..." I wiped his tears away and hugged him, kissing his chest. "Please. Don't make this harder for me."

"You're right. Okay. But know this: If I feel any pain through the bond, I'm coming." He stated.

But little did he know...what was I about to do to him.

"There will be no pain for you to go through." Then I quickly took his hand and sent him to sleep. I touched his necklace and teleported him to his parents' house. I hate myself for doing that but he wouldn't have left, I know him too well. He will be asleep until I give birth. So...for a long time.

"Don't feel guilty."

"Mom, I promised him. I promised not to use my powers on him." I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat and sighed. "Let's go. The pain is back and I feel them moving too fast." I took my mothers hand and she gasped.

"Mom?" I turned around and, there she was, staring at me with amusement in her eyes.

"He has your witch powers."

"Which one? I have three boys on the way." I wondered.

"Grayson. He...electrified me."

"What?! Why would he do that?" I was beyond shocked. 

Why would he hurt her?

"He doesn't approve of the thing I made you do - send his dad away. Oh, and he doesn't want me to be with you either." I chuckled and put my hand on belly.

"Don't worry baby, she will leave too. Don't punish her." I felt pain breaking the barrier mom made. Uh-oh.

"Go into the back room, I'll bring you blankets for the babies, some towels and scissors. Your second mom already left to tell Annabelle, she said she loves you."

"Wait. WHAT?" I hissed, pain was already taking over.

"She went t.."

"Not that, mom! What back room?" I was gripping her shoulder and biting my fist to suppress the screams that so desperately wanted to be let out.

"Behind the fireplace. GO!" She pushed me towards and open space with no windows. Okay...?

"Here. You'll know what to do. I'm sorry for not being able to help you, baby girl. Off I go, love you, darling!" She kissed my forehead and vanished.

Great.

...

I tried to stop the pain myself so I could put the things I needed on the queen sized bed in the secret room I was in. And it worked! For 2 minutes. Just as I finished setting everything closer to me, the contractions came back full force. I screamed and screamed and thanked God I put Alex to sleep or else he would go berserk on this.

I laid down and pulled my knees up and counted between the contractions. They were pretty long and very, very horrible.

After around 2 hours of panting and screaming, I heard Diana in my head.

'You're opened up. I'll guide you, girlie. You can do this!'

I followed her every word.

Elliot was born first. I took him and wrapped him in his blanket. Then came Emmet, just one minute later.

My baby twins.

I put them beside me and and Diana told me to prepare for another push.

It was my baby girl.

After that, Di didn't say a word and I didn't feel anything in my belly.

No.

Michelangelo.

'Diana!! Tell me what's wrong!'

'I-I don't know. I don't...I think he didn't survive. Sor...'

"NO!" I screamed and heard my babies cry. "Shh, sorry, loves. Don't cry." They calmed a bit and I went back to my mind-link with Diana.

'I'll have to do the C-section.'

'Achelle, no! That is dangerous for wolves! You know what the riddle says!!'

'What riddle? My child is more important right now!'

'ONLY THE CHILD CAN RUIN THE CHILD! Your mom lost you and now you have to let Grayson go!'

I growled on her words.

'YOU ARE TO NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN! I AM NOT LETTING MY CHILD DIE!'

With my powers I created a dagger and cut through my skin. I put my hands inside my womb and pulled my son out. I cut the umbilical cord with the scissors and cradled him to my chest.

I shut out everything around me and focused on him.

No movements.

No breathing.

No heartbeat.

Just a cold little body, covered in my blood.