Chapter 31

"ALPHA, WE HAVE SOME ROUGES ON THE BORDER!" Brooklyn shouted.

"Oh, no. Not again. Baby, I'll be right back." Alex grunted and I giggled. He is too lazy.

"Go, I'll be fine." He hugged me and ran outside.

It's been a few days since the ceremony and we didn't repeat it. Alex doesn't want me to have another panic attack.

Anyways!

This rouge thing is on since yesterday morning and no one has had any sleep. It's starting to annoy both me and Alex.

'Ach, you should come to the dungeons. These rouges are not rouges.' Alex mind-linked me.

'What do you mean?' I asked. This is weird.

'I have my suspicions, but I know you'll see right through them if they're lying. Come over.'

'Alright-y.' I took my cellphone, locked the house and took off.

...

"We..." The boy breathed heavily. "...ran away from our pack." He finished.

Ran away? 

Hmm...

"Why did you run away? Were you abused or something?" I asked. Alex left me with a boy and a girl to talk to. He went to find uncle C.

"Can...I have...some w-water?" He choked out.

"Of course." I took a bottle from the table beside me. I helped him drink it and he quietly thanked me.

"To answer your question, Luna...we were abused. Whipped, to be exact." I winced at his answer. That's cruel.

"I'm so sorry. What pack are you from?"

"The Blood Heart pack, ma'am." Said the girl.

Her voice...it's so familiar.

Strange?

Very.

Blood Heart pack?

That's probably a mistake.

Alpha Michael is a softie, he wouldn't hurt a fly.

They are indeed making me nervous and I don't trust them.

"Okay then. Alpha Chris will come soon and see what he'll do with you two. It was nice meeting you. By the way...your names?" I asked.

"Sean." Probably true. He seems honest. And my gut tells me that it's true.

"Um...Silvya." Girl, you are so lying! That's not your name.

That fucking voice will haunt me, I swear.

Who is she?

"Nice names. Are you siblings?"

"Yes, Luna." Said Sean.

"Goodbye. Good luck." I said and left the cell, not allowing them to say anything.

I can't lie to myself anymore - there is something about that boy that makes me feel really calm and collected.

And, I am going to find out who that girl is, one way or another.

...

"WOMAN! WHERE ARE YOU?" What?

"BITCH! ANSWER ME!"

"Babe?"

I looked up and...dear God.

Alex just stumbled into our living room. He's drunk?

Werewolves have to drink a huge amount of alcohol to get drunk.

I believe he drank way more than that because he can't keep his eyes open.

And he just called me a bitch!

"BABE? I AM NOTHING TO YOU. WHO ARE YOU?" He spat. Great.

"Alex, I am your mate, Achelle. Come with me, I'll help you to bed." I stood up and when I tried to reach for his hand, he frowned.

What now?

"TO BED? WHAT A WHORE... YOU REALLY WANT TO SLEEP WITH ME, DON'T YOU? PATHETIC." No crying, Achelle. Calm down. He's not himself.

"ARE YOU GOING TO CRY? BABY." He mockingly said and I just watched him.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? SIENNA WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU. BRAVE. STRONG. GOOD LOOKING. EVERYONE LOVED HER. AND YOU? WEAK. PATHETIC. SCARED. HATED BY EVERYONE, INCLUDING ME. STUPID NERD." And with that...he spit in my face.

Oh, no mister.

"FUCK YOU." Enough. I've had enough. I snatched his necklace and teleported myself to Tara's place.

Big, bad Alpha can be alone from now on.

...

"My baby, what's wrong?" I realized I was standing in front of Tara in her hallway.

"Alex."

"What did that butt-head do?" I love this woman so much.

"I believe he got drunk. But really, really drunk. He's out of his mind but, I don't think it should have affected him that much..." Tara was staring at me wide eyed.

"What did he tell you? No lies." Ugh, she knows me too well.

"Yes, I do. Now, spill."

And I told her. Everything. She was fuming. She took a knife and tried to take Alex's necklace who was now around my neck to teleport herself and threaten him. Crazy woman.

"Ach, let me knock some sense into him!!" Tara cried.

"No. Leave him. He'll come back in the morning. I know it." I tried assuring her.

"LIAR." Great. Dr. Phil, A.K.A. Ryan, came. I immediately let my head fall on the table. And then I remembered.

"Guys, have you heard about those two wolves who trespassed today, in the morning?" I asked them. I need to solve that case.

"Those siblings?" Ryan asked. Yeaas, brother!

"Do you find them weird? I mean, do you find the girl weird?" Ryan looked at me and then:

"Totally. She is so familiar, I just don't know from where." Hallelujah.

"Yes! So I'm not the only one."

"Her voice is the thing that is familiar, right?"

"Ryan, I love you. THAT'S WHAT'S BEEN BOTHERING ME THE WHOLE AFTERNOON!" I hugged him and he chuckled.

"Love you, little one."

"You know guys...I can connect to her wolf without her knowing it. And her wolf won't feel it either." Tara stated.

"Great. Do it, do it, DO IT!" I screamed.

"You could try, baby?"

"I have to sneak out then. See you in 10 minutes." She kissed Ryan. "You have lasagna in the oven, help yourselves." She told us and hugged me.

"Be careful! I love you!" Ryan and I shouted at the same time. Tara laughed and nodded.

I hope this will end up well.