Chapter 12

ALEX'S P.O.V.

"Alex!" Mom shouted. 

Whaaat?

"Get up! We have to prepare for the ball!!" She squealed excitedly. Oh, my God, she was acting like a little girl.

"I heard that." She whispered in my ear and that made me jump out of bed.

"MOM! Are you insane? You scared the shit out of me!" I stood there, on the other side of the room, staring at my mom who was all dressed up, smiling and full of life. While...I was looking like a zombie. I was sleepy and annoyed by this whole thing.

"Mom...do we even have to make that big ceremony?" I asked.

"My son!" She gasped. So the answer is - no.

"Tomorrow is the most important day of your life!" She opened my wardrobe and took out some clothes for me.

"But, mother!" I cried out. To say that I wasn't excited about finding my mate would be a big, fat lie. But this ball...it's too much.

"Go take a shower and meet me downstairs. That Sienna bitch is waiting for you in hopes that she will take my position. Dream about it, girl." My mother frowned and I laughed.

(Let's not forget to mention that Alphas can find their mate the day before their birthday and, of course, on the day of their birthday.)

"Will do. Don't kill her with your gazes." I winked and went to take a shower.

...

I was all dressed up and ready for the day. I came down the hall into the kitchen to drink my dose of black coffee. Just when I was about to take a sip from my cup, someone's squealing interrupted me.

Sienna.

"Alex! Baby!" She came to me and hugged me. No sparks. Thank God.

"Morning, Sen." I greeted. You don't understand how happy I am right now! She is not my mate! I know that I am her boyfriend and all, but it's time for a breakup.

It's over.

FINALLY.

"Look me in the eyes." Really? Girl, accept the truth and leave. I looked up and almost laughed out loud. Damien, my wolf, was screaming in my head. He was laughing so hard, I thought I would do the same. But, I managed to keep a calm expression.

'Yow, A., I can't believe you were with this chick!'

'Me neither. Jesus Christ, she has lipstick on her teeth! And her boobs are about to fall out of her bra. That's sick.'

'She actually thought that she'll be our mate! OMG.'

And he continued to laugh like an idiot (what he actually is...). Man, I was so stupid to be with her. And I can't believe I trusted her about Achelle.

Achelle...

"How is that possible?!" Sienna screamed.

Stop yelling or I'll throw you out of a window. A closed window.

"You are not my mate. Get over it. And we're over. Goodbye." I answered.

"Something is wrong. We are meant to be!!" She did not just force me to kiss her and prove her that she's wrong!

"We are meant to be? Check this out!" I kissed her and felt nothing. No sparks, no love, no happiness...only disgust.

"No..." She whispered. I watched her and waited for her to break down. 3, 2, 1...