Chapter 17

Brooklyn Black (Taron Egerton) in the picture!

...

Alex and I are still embracing each other. But, I didn't mind. I loved the feeling of safety while having his arms around me. And even though I felt special in this moment, there's that tiny voice in my head telling me to think what am I actually doing.

I don't know.

Am I forgiving too fast?

Is it just because he's my mate, am I that desperate?

Oh, God.

"What's wrong?" How does he know that something's bothering me?

"Nothing." I answered in a monotone voice, hoping to fool him.

"Liar. You were all relaxed in my arms and then you stiffened. What are you thinking about?" Ugh. I pulled away and went to the living room. 

Yes, I know it's rude from my side but...I had to get away.

"Achelle. What did I do?" He came to sit beside me.

"You did nothing. It's just..." I stopped. No. I'm not telling him that.

"Tell me." He put his hand over mine and tingles started to dance all over my hand. Oh my. That. Is. So. Good.

"I don't want to." I said but he sent me a questioning look. Dang.

"Okay. I...I'm overthinking this." When I said that his face went pale.

I knew it.

"W-what?" He stuttered.

"I don't feel sure about this. I'm scared that you'll hurt me like before and I'm asking myself if I did the right thing by letting you stay here and if I can trust you." I finished but didn't look at him.

"I could never hurt you that way again, not this time." He said and I just had to look up. His eyes shone with an unfamiliar emotion. What happened to mister I-Am-Alex-And-You-Are-Nothing?

"Look, I'm sorry. I know that won't erase my actions, but for the hundredth tome today, I'm sorry, Ach. And you can be sure that I won't hurt you and that you can trust me. I don't understand how could I be so blind before and not see how truly amazing you are." He told me. Wow. Just wow.

Well...I guess he's telling the truth.

'He is. Just trust him. Damien told me to tell you that.' Diana.

'Thank you, guys.' I replied.

"You don't have to forgive me right away. And please, don't be so uptight around me. I need to know what's on your mind. Be free to tell me what bothers you. I'm your mate and you are my main priority now. You are my Luna and my girl and I hope that you'll let me take care of you. Don't ever forget that I would do anything for you." He explained.

I guess my Alex really came back.

"I forgive you." I smiled. He flashed me one of his blinding smiles and hugged me. Good Lord.

"I have a suggestion." I said when he pulled back.

"Yes?"

"What you think about the idea of baking chocolate cookies?" I stated.

"I think it's brilliant."

...

We are now in the kitchen, mixing the ingredients for the cookies.

"How do you know all this stuff?" Alex asked.

"I learned it."

"Was it hard?"

"No. I love to do this and it kinda became my hobby. I enjoy it very much." I explained.

"Let's see how well are you at this my way." Alex said. Huh?

"What are..." I couldn't finish my sentence because someone poured flour all over my head.

"ALEX!" I quickly took an egg and smacked it in his face. He gasped.

"Didn't expect that? Huh...pretty boy?" I challenged.

"You didn't do that."

"Oh, but I did."

"RUN."

He didn't have to repeat himself. I took off in the direction of the front door and ran outside. It was dark already.

"Baby, come back!" I heard Alex yell after me. Oh, no. I think I'll run a bit more.

Easier said than done.

I smacked into someone's chest. Not again.

"Forgot that I have powers?" He smirked.

"Yes." I pouted. He smiled.

"Come on. Let's go back and wash your hair." He took my hand and teleported us back to the cabin.

"Alex, I want to finish the baking and clean my kitchen." I explained.

"Well...okay. I won't do anything immature now, I promise." He said and I just had to laugh at that.

"What? You think I can't be a good boy?" I laughed again.

"I wouldn't know." I smirked.

"I can. For you. Only for you." He took my hands and kissed my knuckles.

"Alright." I pulled my hands back and started to shape my cookies. "Help me, don't just stand there!"

"Are you sure?" He lifted his eyebrows.

"Yes! Come here!" I took his hand with my dirty one and he approached me.

"Let me show you." I took a ball of the cookie mix. "You take this amount of the mix..." He did it. "...and then you squeeze it with your other palm..." He repeated after me. "...until it's this size." I showed him the result.

"Like this?" He showed me his work. I smiled and nodded.

"Let's finish them so we can clean this mess and then..." I didn't finish my sentence because my mate interrupted me.

"...I will wash your hair." He simply stated. What?

"Don't look at me like that. It's the least I can do." Aww.

"I'm fine. Don't worry, I can handle it." I smiled.

"I told you before, you are my girl and I want to take care of you. Just let me." He pleaded.

"Okay. But..." I stopped myself.

"But what?" He asked.

"I...don't..." His face scrunched in confusion and then softened.

"Don't be scared - there will be no dirty moves. Trust me." He answered my unasked question. 

"And don't be shy to tell me what you think." He pecked my cheek and we got back to our work.

Is Alex getting softer, or am I just imagining it?