Chapter 5

Achelle (Tara Lynn) in the picture!

.

We were already walking for 20 minutes. Not a single word was uttered. But it wasn't weird. It was...comfortable.

"Awex?" Leeah broke the silence.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Why you howding only my hand?" What?

"What?" He spoke my thoughts.

"You hawe to howd Ache's hand."

"Lee...he doesn't have to do that. It's okay." She looked at me and frowned.

"He has to! He is our kwight. And he has to howd you!!" He hates me. He's not going do that, baby.

"You mean I'm your knight?" Alex asked amused. She nooded.

"Lee, baby...leave it." I pleaded.

"No! You are cowd. You walk alone and Awex can take youw hand to warm you." Where did she get all of this?

"Who taught you that?" I stopped walking.

"When dada is cawying me, like Awex now, he howds mama's hand to warm hew." Aww, that's so romantic. But Ryan does it because he loves Tara with everything he has. Alex hates my soul.

"Alex can keep you warm. I'm okay like this." I smiled, in hope to fool her because, honestly, I'm feezing in my leather jacket.

"You are wying." She noticed. Lee...I don't want this. He's gonna get mad.

"I'm not." I lied. Again.

"Achelle, just give me your hand." Alex gently said. I'm imagining this. No. He did not just take my hand. HE'S HOLDING MY HAND!! This feels so good. OMG.

"Alex..." I started.

"It's okay." He smiled. Holy cow. That smile. Wait. He smiled?

Leeah suddenly giggled. What is wrong with this child? Ah, yes...the cweam. Too much sugar.

"What?" Alex and I said at the same time.

"You are cwute." Then she started laughing and I felt a tingle. No way. I let go of Alex's hand and started walking away. I can only dream of him. His mate is out there somewhere.

"Achelle!! Wait up!" Alex shouted. I just kept on walking.

"Just...hurry up." I answered. It was quiet but he heard it because of our sensitive hearing. He aproached me after a few moments and we continued walking.

The event forgotten.

...

Knock. Knock.

Leeah knocked on the front door of her house.

When Tara opened the door, Leeah shouted, "Surprise!" and hugged her mother. Alex and I greeted her and she let us inside. We went in the living room where Ryan was sitting on the sofa.

"Hi Ryan!" I greeted.

"Achelle! Long time no see..." He smiled to me. "Alex." He nooded in respect.

"Ryan." Alex repeated the action.

"So! What would you like to drink? Alex? Ach?" Tara politely asked.

"I'm good." Alex said.

"Ach?"

"Nothing, thank you." I declined.