Chapter 56

No.

No, no, no.

It can't be.

'I'm sorry, Achelle. I wish he survived, he was a part of me too.' Diana whimpered inside my head.

No.

I refuse to believe that Mich is gone.

Yet...

Here he is, in my arms...not moving.

I have a proof.

But I lie to myself.

I lie...

Alex must be awake right now.

He will know.

We lost our son.

The one we thought had so much before him.

But he won't come here.

I used a spell on the room.

He won't find me.

Us.

I looked to my left, only to see my other three children fast asleep.

No.

I have to do something.

I snapped out of my thoughts and took Mich by his legs. I flipped him upside down and slapped his backside.

Nothing.

I put him on the bed, wrapped him in his blanket and started to perform the CPR.

Nothing.

Oh God, what did I do to deserve this?

I then put my arms on his body and let warmth seep into him.

'Di, tell me you feel Grayson!'

'I don't.'

I took him in my arms again and cradled him.

"Baby, wake up for mommy, mommy needs you...I can't lose you Michelangelo! Please." I felt salt on my lips and I knew I was crying.

'Don't do this to yourself, Ach...' Di pleaded.

'Diana, I will be sitting here with him whole day, I don't care! He can't die on me!' I screamed at her. She cried out and I felt her leave my mind. She left me now that I need her the most.

"Please, baby boy. Don't break your mamma's heart. Grayson, if you can hear me, give me a sign." I waited. And waited. And then heard a bang.

Outside.

Alex.

"Open this door right now!!" He was crying and I let my own tears fall down my cheeks again.

"Achelle, let me in!" He hit the wall but my barrier was stronger than that.

"Alex, go away..." I pleaded.

"You can't bring him back." He whispered and that hit me like a truck. My barrier broke like a mirror and he entered the room. He took slow steps and then stood beside me. "Don't punish yourself. He was a stillborn. Let him go..." He wanted to take him away from me and that made me snap.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT HIM! GET OUT! LEAVE THIS ROOM, NOW!" I used all my Luna power on him and he couldn't disobey me. He left the room, leaving me to myself again.

"Grayson...I'm begging you! Say something to your mommy!" I tried to reach out for the little wolf but got no response.

I won't give up that easily.

I'm going to wait, no matter how long it takes.

And then...something happened.

A cry.

In my head.

But what followed after that, killed me:

'Mommy?'

'GRAYSON?'

'M-mommy...I'm s-sc-scared.'

'Oh, my boy, don't be. Mommy is here. Are you okay?'

'N-no. I-I can't find the light.'

'What light, baby?'

'The light of life. I...I'm dead without it.'