Chapter 7

Ryan (David Beckham) in the picture!

-

I was avoiding Alex at all costs. Tara and Ryan were calling me to come over but I would always refuse. I don't want to face him. I don't want his pity. Mama B. was here a few times, but didn't mention anything because she...she just knows better than to mention Alex.

It was now Friday - my end-of-term-exams day. I was already at school, waiting for others to come. 

Let's finish this for good.

...

IT'S OOOVEEERR! 

I did a happy dance in my head and exited the school. This is it. I've finished high-school. Graduation is in 3 days, on Monday. Can't wait to grab my diploma!! I've worked so hard to become what I am today. I can say that I'm proud on what I've achieved considering all the hard stuff I went through.

Thank you mom, dad...for being my motivation for success.

...

I was at home in a blink. I took off my clothes, put an over sized T-Shirt on and went to prepare myself a meal. I decided to make some pasta and enjoy my day of freedom. No bullying, no Sienna, no Alex...perfect day. When my pasta was cooked, I threw it in a pan and mixed it with chicken and vegetables. Yummy. When I cleaned up my kitchen, I took a plate, served myself the best thing in the world and sat down in my living room.

You are probably wondering, how the hell does she have a kitchen, a living room, a bedroom and a bathroom if she lives in a cabin?

Well, at first, the cabin looks small, but it's quite spacious inside.

When you enter the cabin, you are standing in a tiny hallway that leads you to the center of the room.

To the left - the living room that consists of a sofa, a fireplace and over the fireplace you can see - you wouldn't believe - a huge plasma TV. I bought the sofa and the TV with the money I saved during years. I actually receive money every month - for food, clothes, etc.

So that was the living room.

On the right - the kitchen. I spend most of my time there. It's a white kitchen that has a huge counter. Just what I like. And yes, I bought it and decorated it myself. What can I say? In 12 years, you can make a lot of progress. Even when I was a child, I knew I'd have to fight for this. So I saved money every month. Month by month, year by year and here I am! 

In my own house.

That was the kitchen.

Moving to the bedroom.

The bedroom is placed on the second floor. Now, don't think it's a two story cabin, it just has a little staircase that leads you up. My bedroom consists of a queen sized bed and a wardrobe that you see from downstairs.

And the bathroom? It's by the fireplace - which is pretty weird, I know. The door next to the fireplace is the bathroom. And you can't actually see the door at first: you have to try really hard. I remember Ryan wanting to guess where it was...it took him hours to finally notice the doorknob. Tara and I were dying out of laughter.

Speaking of laughter...Di was screaming in my head.

'What is it?'

'Your birthday is in 2 weeks!!'

'Yes. So?'

'WHAT DO YOU MEAN SO?'

'So like...so?'

'Achelle!!'

'Di, I know that I'll finally be able to shift. I'm excited too, but you need to calm down.'

'It's not what I'm talking abooouutt!!'

'Cut the shit and tell me then!'

'WE'RE GOING TO FIND OUR MATE!'

I can tell that, if she were a person, she'd be grinning like an idiot right now.

'I HEARD YOU.'

Oops, my bad.

'Yes, we'll find our mate.'

'Aren't you excited?'

'No.'

'Why?'

'Because...'

'Because...who would want a stupid and fat girl like me? OH, SHUT UP, ACH! ALWAYS THE SAME EXCUSE!'

'I'm fine on my own. Thank you very much.'

'Liar.'

'I'm not lying! Am I alive? Yes. Who is helping me? No one. See?'

'Who is there to love you? To tell you that you're beautiful? To wake up next to?'

'Um, no one?'

'You're an idiot. You don't get it. A mate is your other ha...'

'Yeah, yeah. My other half, the person who will love me no matter what and so on. I know all of that Diana.'

'But, why aren't you happy?! Somewhere out there is somebody made just for you! You two are meant to be!!'

'I know! Just stop scaring me.'

'I'm...scaring you?'

'Not you, but your words.'

'What about them?'

'Me and a boy? Come on.'

'What is so wrong about that?'

'EVERYTHING.'

I shut her out. "We're gonna find our mate, he's going to love us unconditionally..." I hope that it'll be like that indeed. That I'm not going to be left again. Oh, Goddess, what if he rejects me.? What...okay, I need to shut up. I'm always assuming the worst when it comes to my mate. Well...sorry, but my life isn't milk and honey like to be optimistic about it.

Jesus, what if Alex is my mate?! If he is the one destined f...

The front door opened and inside entered someone's small figure, wrapped up in a scarf and a fluffy jacket.

"ACHE!"

You don't even have to guess.

My queen has arrived.

Leeah Kingsley.

"Mind if we stay here for a sleepover?" Tara popped out of nowhere.

"Not at all, T." I smiled.

Seems like we're having a Tara-Leeah-Achelle time!

This is going to be so much fun.

"PIWWOW FIGHT!!" Leeah shouted.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN.