Chapter 44

"I'm going to carry you to the bathroom, okay?" Alex informed me.

"It hurts so much..." I cried out.

"I know, baby." He lifted me up and I found some strenght to wrap my legs around his body. He quickly came to the bathroom and turned the tap on. I wanted to stand beside him but...

"No, no. Hold onto me, you're not strong enough to stand. I'll prepare you a cold bath - it will help with the pain." When he touched my back to lift me a little bit, his hand touched the part where the shirt was slightly lifted.

I gasped in surprise.

The pain had disappeared for that one second.

"What's wrong?" He asked, worried. His hand was then placed on my hand and I felt no pain or heat.

"Touch me again, please." I begged. He just placed me on the chair that was in the bathroom and started to undress me. Every time his fingers grazed my skin, I felt relieved. He lifted my body when I was in my underwear and placed me in the icy water. It felt good, but it was not even close to the feeling of his skin.

"Alex. Please, just take my hand if nothing else." I whined like a little child.

"I can't." He shook his head and looked at me.

"Why? Why are you rejecting me?" I was crying by now. What's going on with me?

"I'm not rejecting you, Achelle. I just can't do what you want. Your scent is very strong at the moment and Damien is going crazy. If I touch you again...it will end up with you being mated to me completely." He explained.

"I can't remember anything about this...why?" I asked.

"Your mind is overpowered by the pain you feel. You'll figure things out when you cool off a bit." He smiled weakly and I saw his necklace flash with worry.

"Can you stay with me?" I pleaded.

"No. No, I'm sorry." He looked down, suddenly interested in his bare feet.

"It's okay."

"It's just...I...Damien already tried to take over and I can't... I won't let him take advantage of you." He croaked out.

"Hey. Baby, look at me." He lifted his gaze on my face.

"It's alright, really. Go to Brooklyn's and I'll call Tara. I love you." I smiled as believable as I could because the pain was getting worse and I couldn't tell him that.

"Alright. I love you." He kissed my forehead and left.

...

"You have to get your ass up and leave that bathtub right now." Tara scolded me.

"I can't." I winced.

"Why?"

"The pain only increased."

"Oh my ,Goddess." Her face paled.

"What is it? Are you okay?" She bowed her head and stayed like that.

"Tara? What are you doing?" I tried to touch her shoulder but she backed away.

"Your Majesty, I am not allowed to look at you."

Your what?

"What? Look at me right now." She looked up, face still as white as my bathroom walls.

"Explain."

"You are the lost daughter of Dianea, The Moon Goddess."

"Lost daughter? I already know that I'm a supposed heir of The Goddess, but my real mother died years ago! She died in front of me! What's it with you and Sean talking nonsense?" I shouted.