(12)Getting A Little Closer

12. Getting A Little Closer

Alec sat on his bed and motioned Amelia to sit next to him.

"So you've met my mom."

"Yeah, she's really nice" Amelia smiled.

"That's great I just hope she gets better."

"I do too."

Alec was surprised for a moment but then realized that his mom must have told Amelia about the tumor so he just nodded at her.

"I think I'm going to go since it's getting late and all."

"Uh-um why don't you stay for dinner? I'm sure my mom won't mind." Alec awkwardly asked.

Amelia smiled and nodded.

"But first go ask her I don't want to intrude."

Alex rolled his eyes but yelled out anyway, "MOM CAN AMELIA STAY FOR DINNER?"

"OF COURSE!"

Alec looked at Amelia to prove his point.

"I wouldn't have asked you if she would have minded."

"Alright. So since I went crazy lady on you yesterday how about we get to know each other now?"

"How about no." Alec stated rather rudely.

"What crawled up your ass and died?"

"Can you ever just mind your own business Amelia?"

Amelia sighed but didn't him. Alec had walls around him and she was determined to break them but little did she know that Alec wanted the same for her.

"Alec and Amelia dinner is ready." Alec's moms' voice said.

They both walked to the dining room and ate there.

"So how long have you and Alec known each other dear."

"Oh well a couple of weeks."

"I see have you been to his job? The cafe is absolutely amazing."

Amelia raised her eyebrow at Alec and he gave her the 'Don't you dare say anything' look.

"No I haven't but I'm sure Alec will show me soon."

"They also pay very well he brings home a very good paycheck. I was surprised at first that a cafe could pay that much."

"Hmm." Amelia hummed a little and gave Alec a questioning look.

After dinner was finished and the conversation had gone to something else Amelia was getting ready to leave.

"Thank you so much Nora."

"Oh it was no problem. Alec walk her to the door."

"Okay mom." Alec mumbled and followed Amelia to the front door.

"Bye Alec." She said softly.

"Bye Amelia."

Amelia stepped closer to him.

"Call me Lia." She smiled sadly.

Alec couldn't help himself as he grabbed the back of her neck and kissed her.

Amelia couldn't believe that this was happening but kissed him back as strongly as he was kissing her.

What she just said had Alec even more confused than he already was. He wanted to help her but he definitely didn't like her as more than a friend. As he pulled away from her he was speechless and it seemed that so was Amelia so she quickly left home.

Amelia returned home with a small smile on her face and was greeted by her aunt and cousins. She wondered what would happen now that Alec had kisses her.

--------------------------------

QOTD: Do you guys like the new cover? (Answer in comments)

Sooooo how did you guys like this chapter. I thought it was pretty cute(: