(10)so much for Getting To Know You

10.So much for getting to know you.

The next day at lunch Amelia was walking towards the forbidden table and saw that Jack wasn't there yet but Alec was. She sat down and began to eat her sandwich. The awkward silence was unbearable to her so she decided to speak up.

"I want to get to know you better Alec."

Alec look at her confused, "you want to what?"

"I want to get to know you." Amelia grinned at him.

"Why?"

"Well, we're friends now right?"

Alec nodded slowly unsure of how to respond.

"So I want to know you as my friend."

"Sure?" Alec said still confused. He had no idea why this girl was so persistent about this.

"Great so where do you want to go after school?"

Alec raised his eyebrow at her.

"What makes you think I want to go somewhere with you?"

"Because in order to get to know each other we have to spend time together duh."

Alec had no idea what possessed Amelia to do this but nodded and told her to meet him after school and they would go somewhere.

Through out the rest of the school day Alec was very excited to see Amelia yet he had no idea why. This girl just gave him crazy emotions. At the end of the day they both met up and Amelia once again reluctantly got onto Alec's motorcycle and he drove to an ice cream shop.

Amelia got off of his motorcycle and squealed.

"How did you know I love ice cream?!"

"I didn't Lia I just like ice cream."

"See we are already getting to know each other and did you just call me Lia?"

"Yeah is there a problem?"

Amelia's stare turned cold but inside she felt like sobbing. Her mom and dad called her that and no one else. There was the occasional 'Mel' nickname but everyone knew not to call her Lia.

"Don't ever call me that again."

Alec raised his eyebrow at her sudden behavior change.

"I want to go home Alec."

"Okay?"

Alec was very confused. What happened to the excited girl that wanted to join him for ice cream just a minute ago. Her whole mood changed just because of a nickname and now Alec wanted to know why. But he knew not to pry her right now. So they got back on his motorcycle and he drove her home. As Amelia was about to storm into her aunts house Alec grabbed her arm.

"Look, I don't know what the hell the big deal is it's just a nickname but I'm sorry I guess." Alec honestly didn't know what to do in this situation.

Amelia had tears coming down her face.

"You guess?! You GUESS you're sorry?! Fuck you Alec Linnders!"

Amelia ran to the house and jumped onto her bed sobbing her eyes out while Alec stood outside shocked. He didn't know what he did wrong. So he shrugged and drove home. Alec parked his bike in the drive way of his house and walked inside. He walked into his Moms room and smiled at her.

"Hey mom how are you?"

She coughed and sadly smiled at her son.

"I'm doing okay sweetie. Those medications are helping me some."

"That's great to hear I'm trying to get you better ones. I promise you'll get better."

"Oh Alec, don't put to much hope in me or in the end you might be heartbroken."

"Mom don't say that you're going to get better I promise."

Nora Linnders shook her head at her son. Her other children didn't care yet he stuck with her through it all. They both knew her lung tumor wasn't going away and they didn't have the money for surgery. So she just kissed her sons forehead and shooed him off to his room.

--------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gossshhhh. This chapter was so sad. Im so sorry for the extremely late update I've just been dealing with some family issues so I'm sorry for not updating.