(25)What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

25. What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger.

A/N: very emotional chapter ahead. Be ready. I almost cried.

Amelia rushed into class and tried to calm her quickly beating heart, she couldn't even face seeing him. It felt as if her heart was being ripped brutally in half, again and again.

After an hour of failed attempts at listening to her teacher, Amelia finally heard the bell ring and bolted out of the classroom without so much as a look back. The rest of the day went by the same way and as she walked into the gym after school, she took a deep breath and thanked whatever force there was out there for not bumping into Alec anymore.

She wrapped some cloth around her hands and began practicing on the punching bag by kicking and hitting it. The time seemed to go by in a blur whenever she was at the gym. It distracted her from all the crap in her life and she's thankful for it.

She see's Grant walk into the big room and half smiles at him which he returns with a grin.

"Look'atchu you girlie! Ya sure ya don't wanna fight?" He walked up to her and asked.

She shakes her head, "That's not my thing Grant. Maybe Alec likes it but...I don't."

He nods at her response and motions for her to continue. She shrugs and keeps hitting the punching bag with Grant watching her moves this time.

"You're pretty good, but ya posture is a iffy." He comments.

She nods and decides to take a break. Looking at the time she notices that she's been at the gym for hours. It was obviously time to leave.

Amelia thought about visiting Nora and finally mustered up the courage. Even if her and Alec weren't together anymore, she still considered Nora a very important person to her.

She grabbed all of her things from the gym and rode the bus to the nearest stop by the hospital. She went up to the front desk and asked about Nora's room and also if anyone else was visiting her at the moment. Satisfied by the woman's answer that there wasn't anyone right now she set off to find the room.

She almost walks into the room but stops when she see's a still Nora sleeping and Alec speaking to her as if she was any other conscious person.She wasn't sure if it's true or not, but in books and movies they say that a coma patient can sometimes hear if you're speaking to them. Clearly Alec believed that. She walked a bit closer and knew it was wrong, but listened in to what Alec was saying.

"Mom I just don't know what to do. I'm like this little kid again that lost without your guidance, I'm supposed to be all grown up...but I don't know if I can. I'm losing you mom and now I think I might have lost Amelia. I'm in love with her..." he trailed off and Amelia stepped back in order to cover the gasp that almost escaped her mouth.

She watched Alec stop speaking completely when the heart monitor started speeding up very quickly. She ran into the room not really caring that Alec saw her, Nora was making her worried. The heart monitor kept speeding until she saw it drop and start to go very slowly almost...almost as if it was stopping. She didn't know when, but at some point she yelled out for a nurse and she and Alec were soon being rushed out of the room. Alec was pacing and panicking and running his hands through his hair. In his conscious he knew Amelia was standing by him but he couldn't even focus on anything now except listening to the doctors yell and try to get his mothers heart to beat again.

After about a minute that felt more like a year they were allowed back into the hospital room. The doctor had a sorrow expression on his face and when Alec and Amelia looked at Nora, she was stiller than ever. Amelia's face became pale as all the blood drained from her face. She watched Alec fall to his knees by his mothers hospital bed and grab her hand. He was desperately screaming for her to come back.

Amelia felt hot tears roll down her cheeks. The doctors had said the time of death. It seemed as if the minutes were so long. They stood there for maybe three minutes that of course felt like years until Alec stood up and looked at Amelia. She didn't know what to say to him, or what to do. They just stood there standing and staring. Another minute passed and nothing had changed until Amelia heard a very faint beep and turned to look at the hospital bed. She started sobbing of relief as she looked at the hear monitor that started beeping again. All the doctors looked around at each other clearly amazed at this miracle that somehow brought Nora back to life.

Alec's shoulders sagged and he fell into the chair that was by the bed. He didn't even know how to express his relief. Amelia stood and watched Nora breathing, still in a coma, but breathing. Her gaze turned to Alec and she decided to be bold. She walked up to him and straddled his hips. She wrapped her arms around him in the most comforting and innocent way.

Alec felt her arms around him and buried his face in her hair. He was so glad that his mom was okay, and that Amelia was here with him. He had missed her so much.

They sat in that embrace until Alec spoke up.

"Amelia, I'm so sorry for what I said and what I did. I'm sorry that I pushed you away like that. I'm in love with you Lia and I want to be able to explain what I did with a good reason, but I just can't, because love doesn't work like that. You mean everything to me, so I want to try it over again if only you agree. Because I almost lost my mom today and it made me realize that I can't take it if I lose you too." He finished his speech and looked right in her teared up eyes.

Amelia didn't know how to reply to what he said to her so she just kissed him. As soon as their lips touched there wasn't sparks, or fireworks, there was a great explosion. Through the kiss they shared, they poured all the grief, happiness, and relief they held inside them. Hearing a brief cough they both ignored it.

"I wake up and I find you to shoving your tongues down each other's throats?"

They both pulled away and turned to the hospital bed where a grinning Nora lay, fully awake. They all smiled and burst out laughing. Only Nora would say something so inappropriate for someone her age.

-------------------
So how was this chapter? Comment what you thought. and vote please(:

Enjoyyourmoment xx