Chapter 35

EUNJUNG'S POV
It took us five hours to finish the ritual to resurrect lots of people from the different parts of the world.

We use Evil Zera as a tribute for doing that.

"Jiyeon lets g- Jiyeon?"

Where did she go?

I look around and found Jiyeon heading towards the huge hole where Evil Zera falls.

She stand near the edge so I decided to check what's she's doing in there.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

Her eyes were activated and she's looking down there.

I wonder if she could see the bottom.

"She lives" She said.

Huh?

"Who? Evil Zera?" I ask with a bit worry.

"No...Gyuri" She said.

Gyuri?

"H-how is that possible? Gyuri died years ago. She can't be resurrected anymore" I said in confusion.

Jiyeon turn to look at me but she immediately look away.

Eh? What was that?

"I think it's because she didn't really die. When someone dies the soul must leave its body in Gyuri's case she's supposed to die but she got possessed and that somehow keeps her partially alive. If Zera managed to kick her out of that body it's the end for your friend." She explained.

"We need to get her then" I said and she nodded.

We slide down to the hole.

It's very deep!

"I can't see the bottom anymore" I said and Jiyeon created fire to light up the surroundings."

Few moments more and we finally reach the bottom and found Gyuri unconscious.

I immediate check her pulse.

She's wounded but she's still alive.

"Let's take her up there" I said and I was ready to lift Gyuri but then Jiyeon held my shoulder from behind.

"Hmm?" I look at her and ask but just like earlier she just look away.

"Uhm. Nothing" She said and turn her back.

What's with her?

"Jiyeon-ah. Is there something you want to say to me?" I ask.

I do feel like something's bothering her.

"There's none" She immediately replied.

"Are you sure?" I ask again.

"Yeah. Hurry up and let's get outta here. It's too hot" She said and fly back to the ground leaving a floating fire ball to give me light.

She's acting really weird.

"...and since when did she start to complain about hot temperatures?" I ask myself

I'm pretty sure she still loves fire and heat even though she turns to a vampire.

Anyway, I just take Gyuri to the surface.

When I got there Jiyeon is gone again.

"She left me. Heol" I said

I put Gyuri on the ground to heal her but...

"Eunjung. You better take her to the hospital. Your remember anything about what happen the earthquake during your childhood days. It would be safe for her not to know what you really are" Zera said.