Chapter 6

HYOMIN'S POV

"So how are we supposed to figure it out? We don't even know where the next location of missing people will be" I said after Boram explained our mission to me.

My first mission turns out to be a headache rather than an exciting one but I'm fully aware that this is a serious problem.

"Well, I don't know either. Maybe we should go that restricted area later after class. You said there's something suspicious there right? Let's see if we could get something there" She said.

The restricted area....

"Alright, we'll do but you better prepare yourself to fight just in case coz I can't promise you that I would be able to protect you" I said.

If something bad happens to Boram during our mission I'm sure my father will blame me for it.

"Don't worry about it. I can fight too. Have a little confidence in yourself Hyo" She said tapping my shoulder.

Anyway, we're having our lunch here in the cafeteria now though I prefer eating something else.... We failed to attend our morning classes since it took us time to discuss the mission.

All of a sudden the girl I met earlier flash into my mind.

"Hey, do you know someone named Jihyun around here?" I ask Boram.

"Jihyun?...Jihyun who?" She ask.

"Hmm. That's all she said to me but you know I think we meet somewhere before. I just can't remember." I said playing the remaining food on my plate.

"You sound interested in her? You could always mark her anytime or is it something else...?" She said sending me a grin.

"It's not something like that. I don't want to eat her soul either. Well, at least nothing urge me to do that even I haven't eaten one today....I just suddenly remembered her." I said scratching the back of my head.

Weird.

"Anyway, I think we should bring a flame thrower with us tonight or something that creates huge fire." I said changing our topic.

I shouldn't have brought Jihyun in our conversation.

"What for?" She ask.

"For protection against vampires. We could kill them instantly with fire but none of the guardians these days have the kind of power but we still could use tools." I said. Hunters use ice. Guardians of Wisdom uses wind which they use to control the weather by moving the clouds. Guardians of Discord have earth powers while Guardians of Love like Eunjung use water. None of those creates fire.

Well, I heard Guardians of Death's power is fire but none of them exist anymore and if one does I believe their existence won't last long.

"We don't need to use that. It's very inconvenient. Beside we don't plan to enter a battlefield. If we can't take the enemy down then we have to evade. We don't need to fight to death." She said.

"Well, sounds good to me. I'm just really excited to kill a vampire for the first time. You know Dad would start trusting me if ever" I said.

"I understand but...we're not even sure if the vampires were really the enemy. Vampires were only one of the suspects" She said.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Who among the Guardians could keep a mortal hidden for themselves?" She ask.

That made me think....

"OMG! No way!" I said when I finally realize it.

"Yes but it's just a suspicion I made. I'm not sure about anything yet" She said.