Chapter 23

JIYEON'S POV
I didn't go back to our classroom.

I run out of the building to chase the new professor but when I found her she's already inside the registrar's office.

I'm five minutes late for class and I'm much interested to know the new professor so I decided to wait for her till she come out of the office.

I lean on wall outside and look at the small card I pick up.

Hmm.

Maybe she came from other country and this is one of her IDs from that country.

But what country have a writings like this?

And it seems like the name Savannah doesn't have an equivalent spelling on this writing system.

I get my phone and decided to search for any country that has similar writings as this but unfortunately, I found none.

I just stand there waiting for her to come out.

And while I was waiting I ask myself.

Why I'm so curious about her?

So what if she's Savannah?

It has been confirmed that IU is her daughter coz she was Eunjung's perfect match.

Maybe Grandma is wrong about my real Mom. It's not Savannah. It's some ordinary Guardian of Death like me.

What if I'm not really her granddaughter like what she said?

What if it was just a big mistake that my father thinks I'm his daughter and take me to his family?

What if the family I know isn't really related to me?

Who am I now?

**door opens**

"Thank you Miss"

My thoughts were interrupted when the one I'm waiting for finally come out.

She saw me and was surprise to see me.

"Miss Savannah you drop this" I said and handed the card to her.

"Oh thank you. I didn't notice earlier." She said and immediately get the card to me and keep it.

Hmm..

Must've been something really important.

"You should've just left it to the guard and go to your class. You're already late" She said.

"Uhm...I just suddenly get curious....Your name is familiar to me and it's the first time I saw that kind of writing in your card. Which country were you from?...uhm if you don't mind me asking." I ask politely as possible.

She started walking away from the Registrar's Office so I followed.

"You're quite a curious kid. What's your name?" She ask.

"Jiyeon....Park Jiyeon" I said.

"Jiyeon..." She said and smile...

...a sad smile.

Well, that's how I can describe it.

"Someone very close to my heart have the same name as yours" She said.

Huh?

It seems like she's suddenly turning a little bit emotional.

"A-are you ok Miss?" I worriedly ask.

I think she's about to cry.

"Yeah....So you're curious about the card" She said and I just nodded.