Chapter 15

SOYEON'S POV

I go home after talking to Boram and found that my parents were not here.

Maybe they're hunting somewhere right now.

I go straight to my room and sit on my study table...a study table which I never use for studying.

This is special to me coz I use my powers to build it. It's made of a shiny stone. Both the table and the chair.

Sitting here helps me think clearly. So this one could be called a thinking table instead but I wouldn't call it like that or else it will be a big deal for my entire clan.

Guardians of Discord despised what Guardians of Wisdom does.

I mean we don't think thoroughly about things. We just do what should be done in the easiest way possible without caring about the rules.

I have no idea how this conflict started between the two clans but according to some know-it-all it is our fault coz we don't want peace. They said we love to spread discord coz that's what we are.

A thing that I could never agree.

I'm not like that. I'm a pure-blood Guardian of Discord. My parents were both Guardians of Discord. It's true I enjoy arguments and fights but that doesn't mean it applies to everything and everyone. That doesn't mean I never enjoy peace as much as I enjoy conflicts.

Hmm.

Anyway, it's not what I'm supposed to think about.

The thing that I have to think about now is that..........

What is Jiyeon to me now?

Is she still my friend? Or should I label her an enemy?

After talking to Boram I was enlighten a little bit.

Maybe I become way too harsh to Jiyeon earlier. I should've ask her what she's trying to do.

It might now be her fault. After all she's not the only Guardian of Death alive. The other Guardian of Death might have started the fire and she's just trying to suppress it.

I sighed still confused.

She kept too many secrets that it makes me hard to fully trust her.

You know there is this saying to keep your friends close and the enemies closer. What if that's what she's trying to do???

But...

I could clearly see that she's in love with Eunjung. There's no doubt in that. She doesn't seem to be faking it.

"What is he thinking?! That know-it-all old man is out of his mind!"

Huh?

That's Mom's voice. She seems angry.

And the know-it-all guy? She's probably talking about Boram's father.

"He called us coz he wanted to be the Emperor?! He's not even a Royal Blood and there's the heiress!" Mom said again.

The head of the council wanted to be the emperor?

"This is all what Guardians of Wisdom wanted ever since. They wanted the highest throne in the kingdom. The annihilation of two clans is in favor for them. They could take it as a first step. Now, he's finally making his way directly to the throne" Dad said.

They both sounds upset and I'm very sure that they won't support that.

"But he can't be the emperor if the two clans will surely oppose. Vampires will never bow their heads to him and so does ours. Someone who can't unite the six clans can't replace the previous Queen." Mom said.